Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football offensive coordinator Todd Monken gets monster raise to $2 million

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football offensive coordinator Todd Monken gets monster raise to $2 million

ATHENS — Georgia has boosted the salary of offensive coordinator Todd Monken to $2 million a year, as of April 21 according to a DawgNation open records request.

Read the full story here

Comments

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I ain't mad about this one bit. I think this is a big thank you for last year as well as a "he's going to be with us a while" sort of shout out to would-be pursuers from the NFL and, perhaps more importantly, to Arch Manning and his family. Next up: Kirby Smart. Go Dawgs!

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah baby. Love it.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Todd Monken is getting the job done, making Georgia's offense great again. Glad to see UGA step up and pay the man.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This ensures that Coach Monken will be here at least until Arch Manning's signature is secured. And hopefully well beyond. I also hope that Monken can coach up the current QB's and reduce their "boneheaded" plays. Minimizing mistakes will be critical at QB this season.

A lot a money in football. I remember when Chan Gailey made $500K as HEAD COACH of the DALLAS COWBOYS.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

Monken completely deserves this!!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can’t think of a time the OC at UGA was more universally accepted and respected by the Dawg fan base. Every OC has his detractors, but if they exist in Dawg Nation when it comes to coach Monken, they are a very silent minority.

A $2,000,000 investment with what is going to be an astronomical rate of return!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really don't have anything bad to say about anyone on our coaching staff! We're blessed to have such an awesome group of coaches working with those young men, making them the best they can be. Having a few former Dawgs on staff is the icing on the cake! Well done, guys! Now let's go and repeat!

GOOOOOO DAWGS!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cool, hopefully Monken will stay at least three more years

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hmmm. Looks like we are doing everything we can to make the Manning family's decision easier. Look out! Here he comes!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is great news.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shows you what CKS thinks of him! He's all in!

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I were Todd Monken, why would I ever want to leave Athens? They couldn't get me out of there with a crowbar! Let me count the ways:

1. He is making HUGE money as the OC
    2. He gets to coach some of the best football players in the country (maybe Arch Manning?)
    3. He gets to be "the closer", Kirby, the position coaches, and recruiting staff do all the hard recruiting work
    4. He gets to run the offense, Kirby gives him almost complete control of that side of the ball
    5. He doesn't have to deal with the following: the press, administration, boosters, NIL, facilities, lack of funding, etc, etc.
    6. His team is competing for championships every year, he gets to coach in some of the biggest games of the year.

With all the advantages he does have and all the B.S. he doesn't have to deal with, why would he ever want to leave and become the HC at some middling university? Taking a HC job at a top program comes with so much more responsibility for recruiting, that to me, does not seem to be Monken's personality. Some people on the radio have suggested that he could become an offensive coordinator in the pros, but is that really a better job? While it is true the coaches don't have to recruit, it seems to me like Monken only gets involved if its a 5 star QB like Arch Manning. Otherwise Kirby has tremendous resources to handle the heavy lifting on that front virtually guaranteeing you a steady stream of top players to shape and mold. The players that Todd and Kirby get are motivated to learn from Monken, they are real "student athletes" (NIL not withstanding) and students of the game. In the pros you get a bunch of jaded millionaires who have heard it all before.

Todd Monken has the best job in the world! Why would he ever want to leave?

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not taking anything away from the others studs in the room. For example, Goede would probably be the #1 TE in 90% of Division I programs across the country, and Seither not far behind. Go Dawgs!

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Regarding offensive formations, wouldn’t it be fun to see “14 personnel” with Macintosh at RB plus Bowers, Washington, Gilbert and Delp?

Heck, why stop there? How about Bowers at wildcat QB with Washington, Gilbert, Delp, Seither and Goede?!

Want more? Jalen Carter played some TE in high school so add him making SIX tight ends on the field! Fun just to imagine the nightmare of defending those guys.