Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football game times show a National Championship doesn’t change everything

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football game times show a National Championship doesn’t change everything

Georgia football got the short end of the stick when it comes to game times.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yep, some things will never change. The same crap will happen at ESPN. The only saving grace is that you won’t have your game interrupted by the weather breaks ins…..

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

No one should be surprised. It always been that way with Georgia football. I guess winning a National Championship still doesn't earn them Dawgs any respect. Some people still try to discredit the talent Georgia have on its roster.... Past and Present. I guess Kirby, his staff, and players will have to show the Nation again who they are. People must have forgotten that Kirby said they wasn't going anywhere after that first title fight. That should have told everyone he has the talent and he was building something special. Go DAWGS!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way to ruin sports is to show games at unorhodox times. Like the Braves playing an 11:30 A.M. Sunday game. Non-Sense, but in some board room, some "genius" had that idea and more "geniuses" signed off on it.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@reddawg1, I love every bit of your post!!!

• DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

If your OC doesn’t make millions I don’t want to hear it. #GoDawgs

LOL!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

Like many others, I'm sure, I had the same thought reflected in this headline as soon as I saw the schedule.

Oh well. At least the good thing about noon kickoffs is that ESPN can't refuse to show the first 20 minutes of the Georgia game in order to air every last second of Bama beating some scrub team by 30.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Actually, I like the South Carolina noon slot. First, it’s hotter at 3:30 than it is at noon. Second, a night game in Columbia is a tougher atmosphere than a noon time game.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

…….and it doesn’t give their fans much time to get juiced-up crazy since they have to head to the stadium around 11am. Also, before we get too torqued about these noon games let’s see how many total we have next season. Hopefully 2 will be all we are dealing with. I looked back over the past 4 years and Bama had 3 noon games in both 2018 and 2019, but they only had 1 nooner each season in 2020 and 2021…..so they’ve averaged 2 per season. The bad news for the Tide is all those games started at 11am central time. Yikes!!!

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Regarding ABC selecting Ohio State-Notre Dame for prime time, it’s sensible and expected. They are true blue-bloods with huge, national fan bases. And so is Georgia.

Oregon? Not so much. And while UGA fans are interested in the Lanning aspect, the average fan elsewhere in the country doesn’t care much about it, if they are even aware of it.

And Georgia will probably beat South Carolina by four touchdowns. Broadcast networks like close games. Auburn-Penn State won’t be over by halftime.