Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Elite 2023 quarterback prospect Arch Manning commits to Texas over Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2022 in Article commenting
imageElite 2023 quarterback prospect Arch Manning commits to Texas over Georgia

ATHENS — The No. 1 recruit in the 2023 signing class has chosen the University of Texas over Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior

I guess he didn’t want to win.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Go find an elite QB that want's to be at the helm of the Dawgs.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

All those people who gave me crap because I said I just had a gut feeling he would go to Texas and it was my opinion…in yo face, lol!

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He obviously didn't believe he could beat out our Qb's.

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He prefers being the next Eli Manning - best college season was a #13 finish but earned $235 million in NFL contracts alone - over (for example) Jacob Coker, who won a national title but never made a dime in the NFL. Peyton Manning didn't prioritize college titles either. Otherwise, he would have gone to Washington, Miami, Alabama, Nebraska (who would have changed their offense for him), Colorado (ditto), Notre Dame (same), Georgia Tech or FSU, all of whom had won recent national titles (remember this was the old system where Washington/Miami and Colorado/Georgia Tech shared titles). Or he could have gone to Florida who was obviously going to win one soon (which they did Manning's junior year). Instead he went to Tennessee, who last won a title in 1951.

The Mannings care about money. The Manning clan infamously forced their way out of San Diego merely because you can earn a lot more endorsement money in New York. So yes, you can basically chalk the Manning's choosing Texas - who hasn't won a title or had a first round draft pick on offense since Vince Young gave them both circa the 2005 season - to Texas oil money. NIL folks. Plain as day. Let's see Saban call them out. But you know he won't because he only goes after easy targets like the Aggies.

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Of course this has absolutely nothing to do with Texas oil money and NIL right? Of course it doesn't ...

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny thing, Tennessee won a National Title..the year AFTER Manning left. If I remember correctly, the QB who led the Vols to a NC that season was Tee Martin.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"You're no Daisey!"

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I guess we all have our armchair opinions. Mine: shoot for the best QB every other year and get a really good 3* in the alternating years. Gives you time to develop a great QB with 2+ years of playing time and develop a good QB as #2. Plus you always would have a young 5* to jump in if they are that good.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate it for us, but Texas needs him more than we do. I do also hate the fact that he will bring elite WRs to Texas. Georgia could use more of those.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No different than Eli to Ole Miss. Eli had his reasons just like whatever Arch’s reasons are. The bottom line is Arch will lead Texas to three middling bowls and take his hype train to the NFL while our equally talented QBs will be competing with one another against elite defensive talent on a daily basis while getting better as they go and leading our Dawgs to the playoffs.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Disappointed to not see the character issue raised concerning Sarkisian. That should have been front and center. 50/50 chance he won’t be there by the time Manning joins. Either by firing or by another DUI.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022

Guess I offended a Peyton, or a Manning fan, by stating the simple truth 🤣😂🤣