Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bama Dooshbag Mekhi Brown leaves

PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited January 2018 in Off Topic

The idiot linebacker on Bama's team that threw our players around before and after trying to scrap with his coach is transferring to Tennessee State. I'm sure they're getting a class act. Funny, he seems to have been headed there before the Natty anyway. And also ironically enough, Tennessee State kicked a player off for beating the brakes off the S&C coach I believe it was. So, apparently, they're used to it. This case, however, ended in criminal assault charges or something along the line.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2018/01/15/alabama-player-who-went-ballistic-sideline-national-championship-enrolled-tennessee-state/1034215001/

Comments

• PeachCoDawgPeachCoDawg Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2018

@PlayHurt said:
    Kinda showed a side of Saban that I hope none of our coaches possess; After Smith punched one of our players, got the 15 yarder, & then was pushing on some of his own coaches, Saban had no problem sticking him right back in the game where he promptly made a killer tackle on one of our kickoff returns. Showed me than Saban is a "win at all cost" coach. But hey, he's got 6 natty's. He should have gotten sent straight to the showers.

I agree with that 100% @PlayHurt. That's exactly why I posted this. I thought there was an insight here. Not just a guy that lost it. More of... Dang. Saban will start a true freshman in the 2nd half of the NC and play a player that just fought his coach before and after acting like a moron on the field. He really sold out to win that one. Saban would sell his mama for a NC

• MyKeithbb09MyKeithbb09 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭ Junior

@PlayHurt said:
    Kinda showed a side of Saban that I hope none of our coaches possess; After Smith punched one of our players, got the 15 yarder, & then was pushing on some of his own coaches, Saban had no problem sticking him right back in the game where he promptly made a killer tackle on one of our kickoff returns. Showed me than Saban is a "win at all cost" coach. But hey, he's got 6 natty's. He should have gotten sent straight to the showers.

That's not a bad reflection on Saban at all,that is a bad job on the refs officiating the game. That punch he did on our player is when he should have been kicked out of the game & he didn't hit his coach because the players on Bamn team stop him very quickly. I have seen many players get mad & go after a coach especially in the NFL. I remember Kevin Green the great LB choke his coach on the sideline when he was playing for the Carolina Panthers & all people said was he did it because he was so competitive & he have that fire in him. Saban did his job by letting him continue to play but the refs really messed up by not kicking him out of the game but they still threw a flag on him without kicking him out of the game.

That's not a bad reflection on Saban at all,that is a bad job on the refs officiating the game. That punch he did on our player is when he should have been kicked out of the game & he didn't hit his coach because the players on Bamn team stop him very quickly. I have seen many players get mad & go after a coach especially in the NFL. I remember Kevin Green the great LB choke his coach on the sideline when he was playing for the Carolina Panthers & all people said was he did it because he was so competitive & he have that fire in him. Saban did his job by letting him continue to play but the refs really messed up by not kicking him out of the game but they still threw a flag on him without kicking him out of the game.

Still though, he doesn't get points because his teammates stopped him. HE TRIED TO FIGHT HIS COACH IN THE NC GAME. On national television. Not to mention the on the field stuff. Any coach worth his salt would have had him in the shower. The commentators were saying police should be down there, which I thought was funny. Plus, you can't compare KG and NFL players in this situation. Those are grown men under contract vs students on scholly. Different dynamics. Different styles of handling such a situation. Bottom line, it showed me how desperate Saban was.

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PeachCoDawg Great posts in this thread. Love the sense of humor. But fighting your coach is no better in the NFL than it is in NCAA. Just have to be a real head case to try to pull something like that off. Temporary head case, maybe. But a head case nontheless.

• mooreearlmooreearl Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

@PeachCoDawg said:

@PlayHurt said:

I agree with that 100% @PlayHurt. That's exactly why I posted this. I thought there was an insight here. Not just a guy that lost it. More of... Dang. Saban will start a true freshman in the 2nd half of the NC and play a player that just fought his coach before and after acting like a moron on the field. He really sold out to win that one. Saban would sell his mama for a NC

I am sorry, but after the antics that UGA players got themselves into during the Richt era, it will take a few years of squeaky clean conduct under Smart before UGA can hang the "undisciplined misbehaving players" thing on any other program. (Especially since Saban's players generally stay out of trouble and graduate. Even the Alabama kid - a JUCO transfer - who infamously didn't know his major when the media asked him back in 2009 actually did graduate.) So, at least Florida, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, Miami and FSU all got national titles out of their player antics. UGA was from nearly as bad to even worse over that same time period and didn't get squat but Sugar Bowl victories over Hawai'i and 9-4 FSU playing a WR at QB (seriously due to suspensions, injuries and the general dysfunction of the FSU program, Anquan Boldin led FSU in passing yards and completions in that game ... and had the same number of attempts and more TDs than David Greene) for all that trouble and embarrassment to the university.

By the way, here is an Oklahoma fan saying the same thing about UGA as you games are saying about Saban (grousing over a hit that was perfectly legal and wasn't flagged for a penalty ... he claims that Smart should have benched the player and called him out over it in the media) and stating that UGA's fired Richt in order to get Smart to embrace headhunting tactics like this (again a perfectly legal hit) because Richt was "too nice" like apparently Oklahoma's coaches are now. https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2018/1/5/16853920/iq-of-a-syrup-covered-waffle

In other words, it is something that fans of teams who haven't won a championship in awhile latch onto. Oh yeah, and conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories that explain why the NCAA, conference offices, high school coaches who steer/influence recruits and the national and local media all have a vested interest in their program and their program alone doesn't win titles. The ones where the NCAA turns a blind eye while every other program but theirs is OBVIOUSLY up to the hilt in academic fraud and paying players are my favorites.

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike Locksley who was on the Alabama staff this year and a candidate to become the OC was actually suspended for one game as the New Mexico Coach for punching one of his own assistant coaches.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/7020067/embattled-coach-mike-locksley-fired-new-mexico

@mooreearl said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@PlayHurt said:

I am sorry, but after the antics that UGA players got themselves into during the Richt era, it will take a few years of squeaky clean conduct under Smart before UGA can hang the "undisciplined misbehaving players" thing on any other program. (Especially since Saban's players generally stay out of trouble and graduate. Even the Alabama kid - a JUCO transfer - who infamously didn't know his major when the media asked him back in 2009 actually did graduate.) So, at least Florida, Georgia, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Ohio State, USC, Oklahoma, Miami and FSU all got national titles out of their player antics. UGA was from nearly as bad to even worse over that same time period and didn't get squat but Sugar Bowl victories over Hawai'i and 9-4 FSU playing a WR at QB (seriously due to suspensions, injuries and the general dysfunction of the FSU program, Anquan Boldin led FSU in passing yards and completions in that game ... and had the same number of attempts and more TDs than David Greene) for all that trouble and embarrassment to the university.

By the way, here is an Oklahoma fan saying the same thing about UGA as you games are saying about Saban (grousing over a hit that was perfectly legal and wasn't flagged for a penalty ... he claims that Smart should have benched the player and called him out over it in the media) and stating that UGA's fired Richt in order to get Smart to embrace headhunting tactics like this (again a perfectly legal hit) because Richt was "too nice" like apparently Oklahoma's coaches are now. https://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2018/1/5/16853920/iq-of-a-syrup-covered-waffle

In other words, it is something that fans of teams who haven't won a championship in awhile latch onto. Oh yeah, and conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories that explain why the NCAA, conference offices, high school coaches who steer/influence recruits and the national and local media all have a vested interest in their program and their program alone doesn't win titles. The ones where the NCAA turns a blind eye while every other program but theirs is OBVIOUSLY up to the hilt in academic fraud and paying players are my favorites.

Sorry man I didn't read a word. Send me the cliff notes.
    Next time reduce your babble to a few sentences. I guess you wasted your time with that novel. Call a publisher

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@PeachCoDawg said:

@mooreearl said:

@PeachCoDawg said:

@PlayHurt said:

Sorry man I didn't read a word. Send me the cliff notes.
    Next time reduce your babble to a few sentences. I guess you wasted your time with that novel. Call a publisher

You should've seen the dribble of the link. Made no sense and didn't even know what play he was referring to

@Kasey LOL. I bet it was. Here's something short n sweet for him.....
    54-48
    Just kidding. It was a great game by both teams

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PeachCoDawg said:
    @Kasey LOL. I bet it was. Here's something short n sweet for him.....
    54-48
    Just kidding. It was a great game by both teams

DANG...
    I just ran down the hall high-stepping and flailing my arms on that one!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny how these threads get hijacked by two dudes having a verbal fistfight off on the periphery of the post.

1 That Bama player is a fat ****

2 Whether he was ejected, or not, Saban should have sent him to the locker room. Bad coach! Bad! (He got that natty tho didn’t he, smh)

@Bigcalidawg Good points but where do you see.....

@Bigcalidawg said:
    how these threads get hijacked by two dudes having a verbal fistfight off on the periphery of the post.

??
    Only one guy hijacked the thread. A disgruntled OU fan.
    This thread is tongue in cheek but with serious opinions about how things were handled by Bammer. All I know is GO DAWGS

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate