Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What is this nonsense about Stet?

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022
  • dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Like I said

Clickbait

@MikeGriffith you have always owned what you have written and stated. People got suc ked in from a pay to post site (247 aka CBS) from a CBS owned ATL radio station, and then call it "National News".....I certainly got a good laugh from it "offically"

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MikeGriffith you just do you. Even when I don't agree with you, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt. IMHO you've earned it. I think by and large all the folks at Dawgnation do a fine job. Just wanted to get that out before the Dawg days and waiting for summer camp drive me as crazy as it will most of us.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All things won’t be equal between Stet and the backups though. They’ll have to outperform him handily to take the job. As Stet has a lot of something they don’t have… experience. Experience is arguably the greatest thing to have at the QB spot. So, the backups need to be the next Trevor Lawrence to take the job, or Stet has to become a turnover machine.

Does Bama sit Bryce if a freshman or sophomore is equally talented? You know, since he won’t be back. I think the answer to this question solves your “simple concept” idea.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • NJEricNJEric Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

After all the QB stuff last year, when CKS stayed with SB through thick and thin and it worked perfectly, I cannot imagine any of our talented underclassmen QBs taking the job away based merely on good practices. In my mind the only way SB loses the starter role is if he gets seriously injured or if his game performance seriously falters in more than 1 game. I do agree with the sentiment of giving the other QBs reps in the 2nd half of games with large leads to set things up better for next year.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They did, but I think his point was, and I agree, that Fromm's backups in 2019 were very limited and that is why Fromm's play was limited as well. For example, he couldn't be allowed to pull the ball and run (as he had done so effectively in 2017 and 2018) , even though it was there many times, because if he got hurt, UGA was in a world of trouble.

Fromm's other problem was that he didn't stay another year.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2022

While I think the OC was not great in 2019. Georgia's two big problems were lack of depth at quarterback. They had freshman D'Wan Mathis and red shirt sophomore Stetson Bennett. Georgia also had a great lack at receiver. They had Matt Landers, Kearis Jackson hurt, Lawrence Cager hurt, Tommy Bush hurt, Dominick Blaylock freshman, Makiya Tongue never played, George Pickens freshman, Demetris Robertson hurt, Tyler Simmons hurt and Trey Blount. who was Jake going to through to? I remember the pass in the SEC championship game that bounced of off Tyler Simmons chest he was playing with one arm. Then Dominick Blaylock went down with a ACL.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is the same writer that thinks USC is playing against the best now that they are in the Big 10.

SMH. He probably gets paid for writing stuff like this.