Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Junkyard Mail: Fan Day, NIL, a song for Sanford, the Steg and more

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageJunkyard Mail: Fan Day, NIL, a song for Sanford, the Steg and more

Let’s see what UGA fans are barking about in the dog days of summer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Bill for another fun article. I was a student at UGA when they built the “Steg”. I agree with you the complaints about that facility are highly exaggerated and not the reason for our mediocre programs. Besides, if we level the “Steg” we would eliminate historical events that occurred there like Pete Maravich’s amazing 2nd half and Jake Scott riding his motorcycle over the dome. Teams like Duke, Kentucky, UNC, etc may have won more games in their facilities, but none of them can say they had an All American football player and Super Bowl MVP ride over the top of their domes…..and what’s more important, championships or legends?!?! 😉. Go Dawgs and RIP Jake and Pete.

• bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 275 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BubbaBill

Pete way ahead of us. Forty feet from the net, does a HOOK shot and nothin' but net. Our Dawg fans go ecstatic with a standing ovation for this absolutely unforgettable wunderkind! The memory of that does not fade. The Coliseum lives.

• BillKingBillKing Posts: 61 ✭✭ Sophomore

And then, according to legend, he shook the hand of Georgia's head coach.

• BillKingBillKing Posts: 61 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Shiny Happy People?!?! Heaven is a Place on Earth?!?

Please tell me you are joking.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Since when does the University of Georgia hace to do something because Wisconsin does it?

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

B-52’s are great, but it has to be an REM song. My vote is: “It’s the End of the World As We Know It (and I feel fine)”

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Prince and the Revolution “let’s go crazy”

• bobcdawgbobcdawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

I 100% agree that no new basketball arena is needed. Nor would it make any sense financially after spending to upgrade the facility. Your Duke analogy is perfect: they have a tremendous program with what would otherwise be an insufficient and outdated arena. I think our new coach will have us competing, and once we do that, enthusiasm will be there.

As far as songs, Don't Stop Believing is as good as any for an upbeat, sing along song. Sweet Caroline always gets a good reception but I wouldn't choose it over Journey.

That's unfortunate about the loss of Fan Day. I haven't been in the time since my kids were young but it was always a great experience. I also used to enjoy the booster club meetings. I'm wondering what traditions will remain with the NIL and transfer portal and conference realignment, etc.