Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dan Lanning confident heavy underdog Oregon has team to beat Georgia, win national title

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageDan Lanning confident heavy underdog Oregon has team to beat Georgia, win national title

ATHENS —Two national championship contenders will be colliding when Georgia plays Oregon on Sept. 3 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey does have some studs playing LB and we know what he can do with some good LBs!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lanning faced UGA's offense, with UGA's defense every year, for the last three years...in scrimmages. The same can be said for Monkin. There will be no tendencies hidden from either coach.

I'm curious to know how Lanning fared in those scrimmages against Monkin.

As for UGA's defense...I was watching a couple of games from the 2017 season and something occurred to me. UGA has always had talent on defense. That's only part of it. I noticed that they didn't seal off the edge near as well as they did last year. Roquan Smith and Davin Bellamy were doing a lot of chasing because of the edge man biting down on the inside, allowing an open, outside escape route. You didn't see a lot of that last year.

The natural instinct of a defender is to get to the ball, to take the ball or deliver a bone-jarring hit. The ultimate desire is to score a defensive TD. Those are selfish goals, but that's what drives a defender. When Kirby is talking about "buy-in", he is referring to discipline to ignore your natural instincts as a defender, and stay within the scheme. To contain or manage offensive flow.

It's like deer hunting with friends or family. Everybody knows where the best deer stands are, but there's not enough. It doesn't matter, though. Cause at the end of the hunt, the spoils are shared.

I always thought the so-called experts were underestimating Oregon. Glad to see Mike picking up on it. Even if it is a blowout, UGA should get more credit for beating them than the national media wants to give em.

If it's close, the ESPN-sperts are gonna want to say "UGA only beat Oregon by 3 points. They must not be as strong as we thought". Not, "Oregon only lost by 3 points. They must be stronger than we thought". I know those homers, better than they know themselves. Anything to denigrate an SEC team not named BAMA. LOL

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia had better be Fully ready, as Lanning will have the Ducks as well-prepared as a team can possibly be. And while their roster doesn't have the consistent elite talent Georgia has, they're no slouch. Plus to say they're "motivated" is an understatement. A sketchy call here, a bad bounce there, and a lesser-talented team can pull an upset. Go Dawgs!

• BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith and all the contributors. By now we fully understand how great the 2022 draft was for the dogs. Can you please try not using those stats in almost every article. Thanks. And BTW I did enjoy this Mike.

• csteele296988csteele296988 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Last year everybody had Ohio State to blow up the Ducks in the Shoe, but get a team out of rhythm, especially a team with a bunch of new faces and not a ton of cohesion yet and it could happen again. Both teams are loaded with talent. Hope it is a great game, sorry guys. GO DUCKS!!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Oregon scores more than nine points on Georgia, I’ll be very surprised. Bo Nix is a gifted athlete but he can’t pass very well. Keeping him from running will be the key to a big Georgia win. Go dogs!!!