Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

George Pickens: Pittsburgh Steelers are learning what UGA fans already knew

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorge Pickens: Pittsburgh Steelers are learning what UGA fans already knew

The Pittsburgh Steelers are learning what UGA fans already know: George Pickens is one of the best receivers in the game of football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited July 2022

The sorry Falcons could have drafted him. Him and Nakobe Dean. Just saying....

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...I was about to write the same darn thing. Another UGA/Falcon miss in the Draft. But, by George they got Ridder...another wasted pick. They picked up Mariota as a starter and could've gone to the free-agency well to pick up a B/U QB that would've been far more useful than the one they Drafted. I hear Chicago may be looking for another loser...I mean team. Maybe the Falcons would be better off in Illinois. We can get an expansion team to take their place. I sincerely hope Arthur Smith and Ridder make me eat my words this year...but, I highly doubt it.

Yo...@michaelcarvell ...do you think we can't see. LOL. And, I quote...

"He incidentally deflected the ball about five yards in the other direction"

That deflection was only 2 yards...not five. It was a pretty good recovery, but, he should have caught it the first time. You remind me of a radio announcer exaggerating a play. LOL

Seriously, though,, good article. Much appreciation for you guys keeping us informed on the 2021 Pro-Dawgs. Pickens, Dean, Cook and/or Tindall should be playing in Atlanta. You'd think the Falcons scouting analysts never saw a UGA game. They continue to over-think the Draft and miss out on UGA talent that excels for other teams While their busts linger in Atlanta **** off the Salary Cap until they can unload em to another team. You'd think they would've learned something by now. 2 humiliating Super Bowl Losses in 51 years. SMH

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2022

My theory (I think I may have seen someone else put this out there as well) is Blank resents the fact that the Dawgs are the more popular team in the state and wants to run his franchise "his way" without any help from any stars off the local college team. I don't have any specific evidence for it, it's just the only way I can explain the seemingly deliberate snubbing year after year after year.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe think is...It's not just players off the UGA Team. A lot of the guys we're talking about are born and bred Georgians. SMH

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate