Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Texas gamebreaker Anthony Evans III has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Texas gamebreaker Anthony Evans III has made his college decision

There was a week this spring when Texas high school athlete Anthony Evans III clocked a 10.27 time in the 100 meters. That was unexpected as that blazing fast time came while he was training for the 200.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Best of luck playing under 2 different head coaches during your stay in Norman. After 2 or 3, 8 win seasons, Brent Venables will be run out of Oklahoma.

• DreamAndWonderDreamAndWonder Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

WR know that they are not getting much time on the field unless they run-block at UGA.

Some just don't have that kind of fortitude, so just go to a pass happy offense.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, he's done this before. I wish he'd just get to the point, if not in the headline then at least coming right out and saying it in the article.

I also don't understand the sheer volume of text for a guy who, as of now, is going somewhere else to play. These could be two-paragraph articles - one about the player's decision and one about what Georgia does now.

edited August 2022

I find it funny Evans said the things he did. Since 2013 UGA has placed 10 WR's in the nfl, OU has 9, according to article I read. No doubt higher picks for OU, but bottom line, last 10 years UGA has put more WR's in the nfl than Oklahoma..GoDAWGS!

edited August 2022

Checked out the Sooners football web site..1 article shows Evans in a UGA jersey 🤣

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Best of luck playing under 2 different head coaches during your stay in Norman. After 2 or 3, 8 win seasons, Brent Venables will be run out of Oklahoma.

How do you know what kind of head coach Venables will be?

You don't have a clue how he will do.

edited August 2022

Nobody believed me about Muschamp at SC either, same with Mullens at uf, both were supposed "saviours" for those programs. They didn't last long. Oklahoma lost a lot of talent after Riley left, and it will show. I can guess as good as any "expert" out there. You can't predict injuries, possible off field issues, or unforseen circumstances. That's all they're doing, guessing, and voicing their opinion also, no one truly knows what will happen until it actually happens. Last I checked we did still have a right to voice an opinion..thats how. Btw..that isn't my down vote, you are entitled to an opinion same as everyone, and I respect that.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somethng must change at UGA...NIL must be killing the recruitment of top prospects...OK over UGA??? Even OK thought he was surely a Dawg..what is going on...that was another huge loss for Kirby Smart and his staff? You cannot keep losing these top recruits or you will end up an LSU and a bunch of 9 and 3 seasons. I am serious.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s the offensive players that we’re not getting. What is the deal with that?

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, but when are we going to see an article about the uneven treatment of Adam Anderson and Matt Araiza?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why do so many Dawg fans have their panties in a **** over recruiting in August? Kirby’s MO is to make a run at the top of the recruiting rankings when it matters, leading up to the early signing period.

This year will be no different and the conversation per usual in November and early December will be that commitments mean nothing to today’s recruits.

• Raw54Raw54 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Adam Anderson should be on some NFL team roster right now

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well this young man is not far from the top of the recruiting rankings. And, from what I hear and read, he was highly recruited by several including Kirby. I guess I am a bit stirred over this loss....among many others. I over-reacted I reckon....as many of these young Turks will likely decommit by December, yes. Until they sign....

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey, UGA gave it one helluva shot and I give them that, but this kid had Oklahoma deep in his heart and was practically begging Oklahoma to give him just the smallest reassurance or reason to still choose them after his position coaching change. It stings but, like I said, this kid just could not, not go to Oklahoma.

That being said, until UGA starts being more prolific at passing to WR's, I would estimate, guess, this is to be expected 75% of the time. If JT was starter, you would see more receivers coming to UGA and Burton would still be in Athens. It is what it is and you cannot blame receivers for wanting to go to a school like Oklahoma, etc.

And that being said, as long as UGA is in the playoffs most years, everything is going to be OK. I do not have a problem with having the best TE's in the nation catching the passes(and blocking)instead of the best receivers. As long as it works out. But when UGA has a better passing QB and a more WR friendly offense, most of the best receivers are going to go elsewhere. And that might be OK, with all that we do have on both sides of the ball overall, because its better than most all. 😉

edited August 2022

#350 ranked player at best according to recruiting publications, and #50 something WR, and he is a top recruit? I know he was recruited by several big schools, mainly for his speed. Speed is useless if you can't catch the ball.