Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

David Pollack leaves Georgia out of his College GameDay 4-team CFP prediction

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageDavid Pollack leaves Georgia out of his College GameDay 4-team CFP prediction

ATHENS — Georgia football Hall of Famer David Pollack did not have the Bulldogs in his projected four-team CFP Playoff during the season-opening College GameDay show on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Utah? Pollack has officially lost his mind 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 and Desmond Howard has definitely lost his mind. He picks A&M over Bama in the SECCG. Funny when both are in the SEC West division, and only 1 can be the representative of that division vs the East division winner. How is that even possible Mr. Howard? 🤔🤔

edited August 2022

Too many shots to the head during his playing days at michigan would be my guess.. But let's not forget, Howard is an espn "expert" 😆

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am willing to bet some serious coin with Desmond that TAM won't beat the red elefants in the SEC championship game.

Also for my peace of mind, I betting some less serious coin that David Pollack is tweaking the Dawgs.

edited August 2022

I'd bet everything I own, that would be the easiest money i've ever made lol

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no problem not being named a “preseason” top 4 team as long as we are in the “postseason” top 4. In fact, I think it’s motivating for our players to be considered underDawgs at this point in the season. BTW, I believe there were College Game Day “experts” last year at this time who didn’t have us listed in their Top 4….and how did that turn out? Go Dawgs!!!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fun fact: I looked back to see how well the College Game Day team performed this time last year on their preseason predictions. Corso, Howard and Herbstreit only got 1 out of 4 choices right so they failed with a final score of 25%. I think EVERY reader of DawgNation is capable of picking 4 teams who will make the playoffs and getting at least 1 correct like the experts did. Pollock was the lone superstar and he got 2 right. That means the panel only got 5 correct out of 16 for a final average of 31%. Now that you know about their past performances are you guys worried about their predictions today? 😉

edited August 2022

Another ESPN expert at work. He has on an aubarn cap, shirt, and au in the photo border, and still can't get it right lol And after Nebraska blows a double digit lead today, and loses to Northwestern. ESPN may know something we don't about Harsins possible future as HC at Nebraska lol

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I mean just because Pollack went to UGA he always has to put them in his top 4? That’s not news worthy at all, his Utah pick was good because everyone on that team is coming back instead of that really good LB last year…hope they beat the snot out of the Lizards week 1!

edited August 2022

I'm hoping the same thing against flawida for Utah. I just think Oregon will be very motivated against Utah after last seasons losses, and will beat Utah. I'll give it to Pollack, he's definitely not a UGA Homer, unlike Howard for Michigan and Herbstreit for Ohio St every year. I guess if they predict that long enough, they will eventually get it right. If I had to pick 4 teams now, Clemson, Alabama, Ohio St, and UGA would be my choices (I know, almost the same 4 Herbstreit predicted lol the only exception being Baylor). I just don't see another team with the talent, and depth of those 4. USC has brought in a ton of unproven talent, might be a good prediction in 2-3 years after Riley gets a couple more good recruiting classes to add depth, and gets them rolling again. But who knows, that's a long way down the road. Possible none of the 4 I predicted could make it to the CFP. Could be Michigan, Oklahoma St, Oregon, and A&M, nobody knows at this point in time.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

From what I read he didn't. It says that A & M will beat out Bama for the West and then win the SEC Championship game.

edited August 2022

It's been corrected, originally it stated A&M beats Bama in the SECCG. The reason there's 3 comments about it. I was wondering how that was going to happen, since both are in the West.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

This year we are no longer the DAWGS, but, rather, the UNDERDAWGS! Let that put fire in the belly of every UNDERDAWG player who takes the field this season! Show everyone what an UNDERDAWG is capable of. Bite through their britches and make 'em need stitches! GO UNDERDAWGS!!!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember when Lou Holtz would always pick ND and SC to do well, and I always felt the same way as Pollick.

As far as Pollick's not putting GA in his top 4, I have no problem with it. I do believe the defense will take a step or two back, especially early in the year. Pollock still has GA winning the East and with a chance at winning the SECCG.

Losing the most talent of likely any team in history is going to show up. But I still feel that the Dawgs can win it all.

Just like in any year it will take some good luck. The offense must play up to their potential and avoid too many injuries to key players. By the end of the season, I think the defense will be playing top10 ball.

Get back to the SECCG and the rest is possible. GOOOODAWGS!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL...I always knew Pollack was a butt sniffer. Got to get in those brownie points, so he can move up the ESPN ladder. ESPN doesn't abide by SEC Homer's, unless they're from BAMA, LSU, FLA or AUB. Don't think you'll ever catch Tebow picking against FLA, unbegrudgingly. You can bet one thing...Aaron Murray and David Pollack have NEVER given their Alma Mater more than their due. In fact...it's always "less than".

Now, Matt Stinchcolm is another animal. He calls it like he sees it. Whether it's for or against his Dawgs, it's not emotional and there is impeccable reasoning behind it. There's no way Pollack can justify being one of the few Sports Media Correspondents not to have UGA in the CFP. Who is he trying to impress? Maybe he wanted to do an exclusive interview with one the Dawgs and Smart insulted him when he told him to get in line or "pack sand". LOL

There's no way in Hell's bathroom that a College Football enthusiast, former player, coach, expert or casual observer, can look at the teams playing this year, and NOT give UGA serious consideration, yet have Alabama #1 and skating into the CFP.

Lucky for the Dawgs and unfortunately for The Tide, that's something that will playout on the football field and not in the polling booth. The question I have, is...will anybody be held accountable for their obviously irresponsible and biased predictions at the end of the season? Is anybody keeping up with some of these absurd predictions? LOL. Just askin.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The predicted favorite to win the Kentucky Derby has won 51 out 146 races. The sportscasters are all submitting semi-educated guesses. However, our passionate semi-educated guesses carry much more weight and in some cases, we will fight you. Lol All I know for sure is we have Kirby Smart and they don't. GO DAWGS!