Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

This 4 star player might be second only to Fields in value...

WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

in our 2018 class.
ILB Channing Tindall might be Roquan's equal.
He was just bumped to 5 stars on 247's home board, but he's a 4 star on the composite board.
While Otis Reese's film is eye popping for his mutant like pursuit and hitting, Tindall is a gosh dang marvel of efficient motion.
He clearly has his eyes on the oblong prize at all times and there is almost no waste in his angles or motion.
Watching film the exceptions make the rule all the more impressive. Every time he hesitated it turns out he was reading or waiting for the best pursuit angle to open up.
He is also well put together, quick and fast. He is going to anchor our defense in my opinion, it's just a matter of when.
The only area I see where Roquan is more gifted is his CB like hips. While RS can keep his hips and shoulders almost parallel to the LOS while moving laterally like a bat out of Hades Tindall has to run more conventionally when moving along the LOS, but coaches and our S&C guys should be able to help him develop more flexibility in his hips.
Regardless, this kid is the real deal.

Comments

• jsdixon1jsdixon1 Posts: 39 ✭✭ Sophomore

WCDawg you are spot on.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jsdixon1 said:
    WCDawg you are spot on.

I'm looking forward to watching him grow in the program.
    He really comes across well in interviews too. If there's anything negative, I haven't seen or heard of it.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A few words that stood out to me: ILB, quick, fast, Roquan.... sold.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. He is sideline to sideline speed is eerily similar to Roquan and he seems to always know where the play is going. Can't wait to see what this kid can do.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guys it's January 24th and y'all getting me excited already! I don't remember another player I'm going to miss more than Roquan.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like what we have going at ILB currently with Tindall, Rice, McBride and Crowder. I would feel even better if Natrez could get right and return to the team as well. We won't have a direct replacement for Roquan's production, but we have some great talent that could be developed.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:
    in our 2018 class.
    He was just bumped to 5 stars on 247's home board, but he's a 4 star on the composite board.
    While Otis Reese's film is eye popping for his mutant like pursuit and hitting, Tindall is a gosh dang marvel of efficient motion.
    He clearly has his eyes on the oblong prize at all times and there is almost no waste in his angles or motion.
    Watching film the exceptions make the rule all the more impressive. Every time he hesitated it turns out he was reading or waiting for the best pursuit angle to open up.
    He is also well put together, quick and fast. He is going to anchor our defense in my opinion, it's just a matter of when.
    The only area I see where Roquan is more gifted is his CB like hips. While RS can keep his hips and shoulders almost parallel to the LOS while moving laterally like a bat out of Hades Tindall has to run more conventionally when moving along the LOS, but coaches and our S&C guys should be able to help him develop more flexibility in his hips.

The only thing i dont know about with Tindall is the straight line speed. He runs a 4.86 compared to Roquan's 4.5. He has great acceleration though, runs a 4.19 shuttle which is .05 faster than Kearis Jackson. So amazing quickness, but go back and watch roquans hudl. He just reacts so fast to everything. No clue how he wasnt a top 5 player in that class, but hindsight is 20/20. Tindall may end up being amazing, and i cant wait to see what we do with him.

If you wanna see an impressive 4 star that no one is talking about, watch Azeez Ojulari. He is faster (4.7), but also EXTREMELY physical against the run. Probably wont play much this year due to being skinny (204lbs, according to hudl) and tearing his ACL late in the year, But i cant wait to see what he does in 2019 after he has a full offseason

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:

@WCDawg said:
    in our 2018 class.

The only thing i dont know about with Tindall is the straight line speed. He runs a 4.86 compared to Roquan's 4.5. He has great acceleration though, runs a 4.19 shuttle which is .05 faster than Kearis Jackson. So amazing quickness, but go back and watch roquans hudl. He just reacts so fast to everything. No clue how he wasnt a top 5 player in that class, but hindsight is 20/20. Tindall may end up being amazing, and i cant wait to see what we do with him.

If you wanna see an impressive 4 star that no one is talking about, watch Azeez Ojulari. He is faster (4.7), but also EXTREMELY physical against the run. Probably wont play much this year due to being skinny (204lbs, according to hudl) and tearing his ACL late in the year, But i cant wait to see what he does in 2019 after he has a full offseason

Azeez will probably pack on 30lbs of muscle year one. Beast in the weight room and up Sinclair he will grow big time.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:

@WCDawg said:
    in our 2018 class.

Tindall won't be as good in medium to deep coverage or quite as fast from sideline to sideline as Roquan, but his 40 time won't be a problem at all over a 15 yard radius in my opinion.
    He is extremely quick and fast at recognition, but it's his efficiency of movement that is really special. In short, he reads quickly and goes right to the ball.