Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Remove Kirby and Saban from the equation…which SEC Coach is doing the best job?

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An argument can be made for Stoops, Pittman, Heupel, Kiffin or Leach.

I believe I vote for Stoops…but can be talked into any of them.

I guarantee that @pgjackson will not pick Leach

Comments

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’d give it to Stoops or Pittman. No problems with either answer. Stoops with the slow rebuild, and Pittman with a quick turnaround. I’d probably have to give it to Stoops since he’s done it for longer. We’ll have to see if Arky has staying power.

Definitely not Leach. He’s 14-14 in his 2+ years. They were 23-16 the three years prior. He needs to go about 6-3 just to match the 3 years prior, and that’s just matching not improving.

• Kirb_your_enthusiasmKirb_your_enthusiasm Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As of now I would say Stoops and Pittboss. But if Tennessee continues like they are and finish 10-2, I think Heup would deserve the top spot.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just considering what he has to work with and against, (dated indoor facilities, feud with AD, basketball school perception) I'd have to give it to Stoops.

• Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Stoops, Pittman, Heupel and Kiffin are all doing a good job.

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, all 4 of these guys are good coaches and are doing well at their schools. I’ll go with Pittman right now. To be fair though, Pittman and Stoops are both doing great, and if it weren’t for the fact that I just love the Pittboss, I’d likely pick Stoops.

Kiffen is very entertaining and it’s fun to watch his team. I’m looking forward to Kentucky at Ole Miss. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Ole Miss takes KY out behind the woodshed. It also wouldn’t surprise me if Ole Miss is entertaining in this game bc it’s reminiscent of a train wreck.

I’ve got nothing personally against Heupel. He certainly appears to be turning things around. It does bother me a bit. I am still haunted by the days when that infernal tune Rocky Top would be stuck in my head. Please, never again!!!

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think they are all great! (Unlikely to do a better job than Kirby Smart! 😉)

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Heupel is on the cuff here. A few more wins, or just even one against Bama or UGA (hopefully Bama) and he catapults to the top.

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am going to say Josh Heupel has done more with less or mess for that matter! He has only been there for under 2 years, where Stoops took 4 years to be a winner and 10 years to be regarded as legitimate by anyone not wearing UK Blue.

My money is still on Coach Napier for making the biggest change, if he is still around in year 4!

• BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

I think they are all good especially if their schools are patient.

I do think Kiffin needs to stay put. He fits Ole Miss and he needs stability.

Although in the past I haven’t like Leach, I like what he’s got going. Miss State is a very hard place to win. They will have a winning season this year

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brian Kelly took over a program that had a mess of a culture -- pretty big win over State, let's see what happens at Aub and vs. Tenn

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike I like and agree with your point, however his body of work is too small a sample size for me.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

“Think I’ll have a beer after the game. Not that I’m promoting it!”

Yesssirrr!