Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football Live Blog: Leaders and captains ready to be heard

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man I hate when UGA plays during the good games every week! Like I want to watch Georgia, but the Bama vs Tenn game is so much better

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA can’t get a down field threat to their game, UT will do the same to UGA. If they aren’t afraid of someone going deep, they will keep safeties tight and make it tough. Bama, like UGA, needs to take the top off a few times and soften them up against the short game

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA needs to pick it up next half to cover. I think they will. Looking for that long over shoulder pass into the end zone? Please tell me Stetson is still hurting. Dom is back.

Bama scored again...28 to 17. TN leading. TN has scored as many pts against Bama as UGA has against a lowly Vanderbilt squad so far in half one. Just relaying facts.

• Options

Gotta be quick with the previous channel button - ha. Makes it tough

• Options
    edited October 2022
  • Options

I can’t figure out why Jackson isn’t targeted more with passes. He is a reliable target and tough with YAC. Need him more involved and it would take some pressure off Bowers and Washington.

• Options

Another awesome catch by Washington and i can’t believe there wasn’t a flag for interference on Vandy. Guy was all over him and never turned his head to find the ball at all.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

I'm sorry, but this is getting frustrating. Kirby is absolutely showing he has NO idea how to handle qbs. There is no reason for Beck to not be in there.

Especially if they are going to run the ball.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

With 5 minutes to go in Q3, why in the world are Stet and most of the starters still in the game???!!!

• Options

Finally, a Jackson appearance.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

Especially with the hits he is taken on the drive. To settle for a fg. Beck could of probably done that

• Options

If his passes aren’t going to go more than 5-10 yards downfield, I would think any of the backups could handle that. I am afraid there hasn’t been enough experience for Beck under pressure and I’m afraid he will be needed in the UT or MIss State games because with Bennet in there, there will be 8 defenders in the box and safeties only about 6 yards behind that.

• Options

No more injuries, Dawgs. Getting ridiculous...I know all part of football. esp. in SEC.

UGA beginning its FGs again...so pedestrian of this #1 team. Just my opinion. Our 3rd and 4th units should be scoring TDs against Vandy.

TN and Bama are really battling it out. What a game. Bama coughed up ball on kick first half and allowed TN to score. Saban was enraged. TN is formidable but beatable.

• Options

Gilbert baby!!!!! We need him back for the stretch run

• Options

Even if it doesn’t count, what a grab by Jackson.

• Options
    brucelhunterbrucelhunter Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Beck throws 2 touchdown passes in 7 minutes. Bennett throws 2 ouchdown passes in 4 games. Does anyone oher than Kirby think Beck shouldn't be playng a lot more? And actually he should be starting since he opens up the defense in a way Bennett can't.

• Options

UGA could have scored so much more, but easily covered the spread. Better be looking at Beck more.

Now rest and HEAL...Dawgs.

Last look...Bama just took the lead by one pt. TN looking beatable now.

• Options

Hard to argue with the point but the die may be cast because Beck hasn’t gotten quality snaps with lots of pressure like Florida and UT will bring. The prospects of Bennet getting better within next 2 weeks is questionable and UGA will need experience in those tougher games. It looks like it may be Bennet or bust.