Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ATLANTA BRAVES! Defending World Champions!

1293031323335»

Comments

• Options
    swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didnt realize they were in such bad shape pitching wise tomorrow. Makes todays game even more important.

Win today its probably over.

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

This matchup has me moderately worried - 4 out of 10. But, Snit has seen him throw and seen his rehab and though hr is currently only one win ahead of me in total World Series championships, I'll defer to his good judgement. If we falter in the playoff this year, Snit better get his A game together. Can you imagine retiring with only one more WS ring than me?

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Strider is humming. For how long?

• Options

2 great innings, then#########.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh well, looks like it’s gonna be up to Morton….

• Options
  • Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This could be it!

Last year we never fell to the pressure! But we also had a 7, 8, 9 hitters actually providing OBP and run suport, so far they have done nothing!

"Turrable - Turrable" time to be in a slump! I am talking to you Dansby (leaving or losing millions with every K) and Riley, who needs to see the ball a lot better!

We can talk about pitching, but where is the fight in the box! My opinion, too many dudes are trying to **** the bomb and not just put it in play, move runners and I know it is Realamoto, but at least challenge him! They aren't because Snitker is pressing for every run....because we aren't getting anything from the bottom of the lineup!

I am worried that this is it, but we just need to win this one and get them back home! I will be there if they are playing, but at this point, I am not so sure!

Go Dawgs and Braves!

• Options

This team just seems to be missing its fire at this point. Expended all its energy overtaking mets.

But one thing about baseball is that momentum can change on a dime and sometimes something that seems insignificant at first. Will we get that moment?

GO DAWGS. GO BRAVES

• Options

Agree. I think the pennant chase took a bit of steam out of the lads. However, as is often said, "Momentum is the next game's starting pticher". Charlie is capable of twirling a gem on occasion.

• Options

1 inning in stalemate, our bats still sleeping, Morton pitched out of jam that he could have fell apart.

• Options

Well bats still sleeping and Morton' s magic has run out.

• Options
    edited October 2022

Offense never came to life. 3 solo home runs while pitchers give up 8 runs. This edition of Braves clearly had no fight for Phillies. A team that trailed us by 14 games in regular season.

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just wanted to add one more post to this thread:

So very proud of the thrills our Atlanta Braves team gave us fans this year!

From June 1st on, we had the best record in the national league, if not all of major league, and came from 10.5 games back of "those lousy, stinking Mets" to catch them by sweeping three of three (Sal Licata : "its over"!) from those Mets in the final weekend of the season!

Could not have enjoyed a season more! Beating the Phillies would have been nice, but all in all , a fifth straight division title is something of which we can all be proud!

On to the off season.....Many things to do and fix, but thankfully, we have ol' "double A" and Brian Snitker in charge!

Go Braves!

• Options

Yeah, the pennant chase was really fun. Sorry it didn't turn out but some of the other best teams in baseball are staying home as well. Baseball is, indeed, a funny sport and the gods of BB often have very little sense of proportion.