Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

OTL: MIch St history of sexual assault cover ups

thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OMG this is awful. Not just Nassar, it appears the whole school covered up sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, etc. for years all to protect the MSU name.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Comments

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While The SEC West was busy getting a buzz on the pure souls in The Big10 were befouling their women and in PSU's case their children.

• JGrant324JGrant324 Posts: 211 ✭✭✭ Junior

is it baylor 2.0

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

@thehutch40 said:
    OMG this is awful. Not just Nassar, it appears the whole school covered up sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, etc. for years all to protect the MSU name.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/22214566/pattern-denial-inaction-information-suppression-michigan-state-goes-larry-nassar-case-espn

Thanks for posting this link. I'm appalled at what is taking place during the ongoing sexual assaults investigation. I'll let the legal system deal with crimes committed. Truly that is horrific. But at a time when true leaders are desperately needed to guide MSU through this crisis, they appear to be running like scared sheep. On one hand these leaders claim to love their institution and want what's best for it. They accept their large paychecks and cushy positions all the while accepting accolades for their service. Ha! When the going gets tough, the cowards run. Just can't believe the resignations.
    The students and faculty at MSU deserve better. I am broken hearted to see this happening. Pray for all the institutions of higher learning. The ones that mold and make our leaders of tomorrow. I have no doubt MSU is not the only one to share guilt.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@andrews1253 said:

@thehutch40 said:

Thanks for posting this link. I'm appalled at what is taking place during the ongoing sexual assaults investigation. I'll let the legal system deal with crimes committed. Truly that is horrific. But at a time when true leaders are desperately needed to guide MSU through this crisis, they appear to be running like scared sheep. On one hand these leaders claim to love their institution and want what's best for it. They accept their large paychecks and cushy positions all the while accepting accolades for their service. Ha! When the going gets tough, the cowards run. Just can't believe the resignations.
    The students and faculty at MSU deserve better. I am broken hearted to see this happening. Pray for all the institutions of higher learning. The ones that mold and make our leaders of tomorrow. I have no doubt MSU is not the only one to share guilt.

The school President ( Simon) made it sound like he was being purely noble in resigning....BS.
    He clearly turned his back on those who reported abuse for at least 20 years.
    This is reeking of PSU stink.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@andrews1253 said:

@thehutch40 said:

The school President ( Simon) made it sound like he was being purely noble in resigning....BS.
    He clearly turned his back on those who reported abuse for at least 20 years.
    This is reeking of PSU stink.

I:sn't he a she?

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lou Anna Simon can elect to return to a faculty position and take a 12-month research leave during which time she would be paid her current $750,000 salary, according to the contract, provided to CNN by Michigan State spokesman Jason Cody.

This is the sick part. This woman will be rewarded for her lack oversight.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all of the hiding of things at MSU, isn't is possible she was unaware of much of what happened?

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OSU, PSU, MSU...people like to bust on the SEC for shady dealings, but the B10 is off the chart on cover-ups and general lack of control and oversight.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CMR has officially lost control of MSU

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BojanglesInsider said:

@amjadawgs said:
    CMR has officially lost control of MSU

CMR is not coach of MSU.....

But, it’s obviously his fault.

To the pit of misery!

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bmauldin said:

@BojanglesInsider said: