Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Florida live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 9 game

Comments

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

The QB is limited and we all know it but we cannot drop balls.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Got away with one there, do not know what that ref was looking at with McConkey.

However, Gary Danielson repeating himself three times saying it was a shove by McConkey? Eh, they both were hand fighting. It definitely wasn’t DPI though!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

1st half

T.O.P. UGA 16:37 FLA 13:23

PLAYS. UGA 47 FLA. 26

YARDS. UGA 346 FLA 88

They need to stay aggressive on offense to keep the defense off the field, I would like to see Fla under 55 plays, and UGA over 85. Let's see where Kirby let's it get.

5:43 left in the 3rd qtr

T.O.P. FLA 21:59

Plays. 47

• Options
    edited October 2022

I will be so glad when Danielson will not be part of UGA football anymore

• Options

It looked like it should of just been a no call. Definitely wasn't DPI, but I didn't think McConkey really pushed off to gain an advantage.

• Options
    edited October 2022

Kirby just does so much wrong in 2nd halfs. Bad timeout decision, soft playing defensive calls. Here is an idea kirby, let's see how many players you can get hurt by keeping your defense on the field for 60 plays in the 2nd half. And now the soft calls, are making UGA the worse tackling teams in the country all of a sudden. SMH.

That defense looked like garbage on that drive. As did the coaching. Wasted a timeout. I wonder whatit was for, to decide how many plays they would let Fla run before they score? He wants his backups on defense to get too many plays. There are times you finish a game, and make a statement. His statement right now, is please run right over us.

They are so going to get their behinds handed to them next week. They have no commitment to finish teams off.

• Options
    edited October 2022

EXACTLY why I commented two hours ago that you never let off the gas in a rivalry game before the 4th quarter!

Now look at what is happening!

Coach Smart, this is your bad, NOT the players.

• Options
    edited October 2022

I could see this coming from the middle of the second quarter.

The players are following the lead of their coaches and their play calls.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Stet, oh Stet...I hate to say I told you so...but...this kind of performance will not fly next week...

Ready to see Beck in there...egads.

• Options

Welcome to Bennettland, where picks and bad throws and bad decisions are a part of life.

I did pick a final score of 34-24 UGA. I'm more worried that UGA will have to score late to win by 10.

• Options

We have a hit or miss QB. Poor QB play will get you beat.

• Options

So that’s 4 INT’s for Stetson Bennet in less than 3 quarters of play, fortunately for him that FLORIDA dropped 2 of them that were right in their hands.

it is also 4 passes that he has either under thrown or over thrown wide open receivers BY A MILE.

And yea, I am a die hard Dawg fan for 40 years just stating the obvious.

we are in week 8 of college football, and Bennett has NOT improved.

UT is licking their chops against this offense with SB.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia has gave ole MO to Florida. Defense has to step up and stop the bleeding. Offense needs to protect the football. Napier got his boys fired up at halftime

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pitiful and pathetic effort on offense

• Options

Kirby has NEVER had more plays, yards, or T.O.P against Fla. This is just going to cause injuries or tiredness, which will bite them next week.

• Options

We have a QB that we cannot trust.

• Options

Thank goodness for our running backs, our offensive line playing like MEN;

Because SB is not playing well at all for what, the 5th week out of 8 this season?

• Options

The passing td by Richardson is what worries me about UT. That is what they do, they catch you out of position and burn you. There was no db back there. If I could throw the ball that far, I could've completed that. I know, not really, just making a point.

• Options
    edited October 2022

And one more thing:

Kearis Jackson returning kickoffs or punts is not a good decision for this Georgia football team.

He has been doing it for 2+ seasons and he is not good at it at all, and that is putting it very mildly.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ah back to Running the ball where we Should be !! We should RUN the ball until they start stopping it consistently, THEN throw it !! It was obvious ( in spite of the fumble) that the lizards couldn’t stop the run. Why oh Why did we depart from it ?? Love Coach Monken, glad he’s at UGA but sometimes I don’t get the train of thought of we absolutely Must throw the ball on Most plays !! Guess that’s why he’s a highly paid OC and I’m in a recliner.