Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia stock report: Stars rise, team bonds amid adversity

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia stock report: Stars rise, team bonds amid adversity

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The 2022 Georgia football team has been a work in progress like few others, carrying a No. 1 ranking as it improves from week to week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lizard fans were an embarrassment. Sad

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kenny McIntosh is so slippery! Though smaller than most UGA backs (i.e., White), defenders seem to bounce (or slip) off him most of the time. In the past, many of our back would come down at (seemingly) the slightest hit. Not KMac. He's a warrior. Love how BRob runs. Edwards is a beast too! Ride them to a win against the Vols.

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Bennett had one carry for 2 yards."

I went back and watched the highlights of the UGA-Tenn. game from last year. Bennett ran the ball a lot, and ran it well, especially compared to several games this season. His threat to run is an advantage the Dawgs will need against Tennessee on Saturday. It can change the way they have to defend against a UGA offense that already has a lot of weapons that are capable of moving the ball. Bennett and his fellow Dawg ball-carriers will have to eliminate the turnovers, there's just no room for such a costly mistake against a team like Tennessee who are able to make the most of every possession. GO DAWGS!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang MG…..I agree with all your ratings. Good article. Go Dawgs!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kenny Mac lost that fumble and I don't know what happened but he changed after that and he became like Kirby said, "possessed!." It was hopefully the start of something big for he and the Dawgs!.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There were several times Saturday that Bennet when looking to the sideline for the play looked frustrated and his facial antics showed it. Like he either didn't agree with the play called or the play wasn't being called fast enough or I'm not sure what. Anyone got any ideas?

It was kind of annoying and he didn't have a good 2nd half. I even thought in the 1st half he got a little too cocky laughing and smiling at the sideline while on the field. like this is just so easy!

I'm reminded of when Baker Mayfield gave the sliced throat gesture to us in the 1st half of the Rose Bowl. Not saying SB did anything like that or that egregious. But I was thinking, OK keep your game face on young man.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought the same thing.

Not that I was wanting Stet to get pulled, but my biggest disappointment was not seeing Beck come in and light up the receivers.

Unless we absolutely destroy UTjr, I doubt we'll see Beck this Saturday. He was really zipping that ball against Vandy.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're right! My gater neighbor was home before 8:00pm and its a 2 hour trip by the time you get parked and all. He must have been part of the half tome exodus lol.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry MG - I don't see McIntosh's stock as soaring. To be generous, it might be even. Edwards is the best back in the room. With the game on the line, I want him running the ball.

And, JDJ is a beast. I really thought the next great MLB would Trez Marshall. Poor guy just can't shake the injury bug. Glad to see such a dominant player.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. The 3rd Q meltdown ended any chance of seeing Beck. SBIV still reckless and inaccurate with the ball. That's a bad combination.

TN scored on the same play (in the same way) that Starks missed his deep coverage responsibility. You can bet that Starks will be coached up this week.

Was Blaylock hurt on his 1 play? Tackled hard. Wake up call to Dom that you can't play soft in the SEC.

UGA D had pressure on AR15. Couldn't get him on the ground but affected his game. Plan may have been pressure, disrupt his timing, but keep him in the pocket. HH not as big, fast or as good a runner as AR15 but probably a better passer. UGA challenge will be to get consistent pressure on HH.

UGA pretty banged up. TN didn't seem to suffer any injuries vs KY. Depth will be tested.

Remember last year when MG harped every week on the lack of breakaway runs by the UGA backs (Cook but mostly ZWhite)? Implying that UGA's "best" backs were riding the bench in favor of senior's who didn't deserve the reps they were getting. McIntosh is the only UGA back with the speed needed to break away yet he hasn't even gotten close with all the additional reps. Milton is once again hurt and MIA. When he has played he has been neither especially powerful or especially swift. UGA has not had a single break away run from a back this season but not a peep from MG. Really makes you appreciate Cook and every down workhorse White.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The lack of running back breakaway runs is one of my biggest frustrations during a game. My wife doesn't understand when I get upset when a back gets tripped on a 10 yard run.

"Because, dear, I want to see us break a TD run!"

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Even though I'm a huge Stetson Bennett fan his stock went down a bit on Saturday.

Perhaps I should rewatch the game before saying that, but I didn't.

I thought Stetson looked pretty good in the first half. Several of his well thrown passes were simply dropped by receivers which isn't on the quarterback. In the second half, particularly the third quarter, the entire offense was off. Aside from Stetson's individual play he's supposed to be as the quarterback the leader of the team. He was also a game captain. Stetson was not sharp after halftime.

As has been mentioned, perhaps he and others thought it was a bit too easy. They certainly seemed to forget what was required of them losing both focus and momentum.

Our team is kinda sorta up and down and has been all season, but I believe the overall team stock went up when they got it together after losing momentum. Regaining Big Mo after such a letdown is a very good sign. Kirby's comments concerning sideline conversations seem very telling.

In my opinion, Nolan Smith's stock went way up. Not only did he have an excellent game before his injury, but the defense seemed lost without him showing how vital he is.

Go, Dawgs!

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good overview on the game and players. I believe the stock even given to Bennett is certainly grading on the curve. The biggest challenge for his, beyond decision making when he is under stress, is hitting receivers in stride. That limits YAC more than anything there. I would also have to say I’m just not seeing the NFL potential of Ringo like others. For his size and speed, he always seems to be caught out of place on numerous plays. Maybe he is relying on his closing speed or something but he appears to be the weak link in the secondary so far. Need no mistakes Saturday and for the fans to show up LOUD. Go DAWGS.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The stats for Bennett may have been an "Even" but his performance was pretty bad and in my opinion his worst yet. Turn that big Brock TD into an INT since it was literally BEHIND even the Florida receiver; that one pass that was pretty much just passed to the Florida receiver that they dropped; plus a lot of those other 50/50 balls and double-coverage throws and I am 100% sure that Beck would've had a better game.

I'm really concerned heading into the UT game and I think there is real reason to be worried.

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beck is the better QB and I'm thinking he'll finally be his chance Saturday. The Vol's have been and will plan on SBIV...pressure the QB and stop the run, when Beck comes in, their plans go out the window, and our run game explodes along with some beautiful dimes thrown. Add the best fanbase in college football and the Vol's won't be able to hear themselves think.......GO DAWGS!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Not piling on MG but he was the biggest voice of more than a few (DN forum you know who you are) that predicted the UGA RB's (McIntosh and Milton) stat totals would exceed the stat totals of Cook and White last season. McIntosh and Milton would both need to average about 100 ypg the rest of the way to approach Cook and White's rushing #'s.

Not piling on SBIV but calling out those (you know who you are) that said he would be even better (and a Heisman candidate) this year with ANOTHER year (4th) of starting experience and 1st team reps. SBIV needs to AVERAGE about 4 TD passes/game the rest of the way to reach his passing TD totals from last year. SBIV's passer rating is down 25 pts (15%) from last season WITH all the additional 1st team reps and game experience.

People have mentioned that the UGA players thought it was or was going to be too easy and lost focus at halftime. SBIV is in his 6th (!) year of CFB. 5th as a starter. He is the QB, captain. LEADER. Losing focus should not be in his vocabulary. SBIV needs to have a very good game vs TN. The question is, what will CKS do IF SBIV has another slow start or off game?

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Beck is the better QB and I'm thinking he'll finally be his chance Saturday. The Vol's have been and will plan on SBIV...pressure the QB and stop the run, when Beck comes in, their plans go out the window, and our run game explodes along with some beautiful dimes thrown. Add the best fanbase in college football and the Vol's won't be able to hear themselves think.......GO DAWGS!

Beck is the better QB. But I’m reasonably sure he will not get a chance this coming Saturday. Kirby seems unwilling to let anyone else play QB. Mahomes couldn’t beat Stet out at UGA if he was on the team.