Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia defender Brenton Cox dismissed from Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia defender Brenton Cox dismissed from Florida

Florida has dismissed former Georgia defensive end Brenton Cox, according to a report from Zach Abolverdi of On3. Cox played at Georgia, signing with the Bulldogs as a 5-star prospect in the 2018 class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd just posted that Cox might have been the best player on our team in Jacksonville but that's no reason to dismiss him.

Wonder what led to his dismissal?

Go, Dawgs!

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He mentioned in the article about Cox seeming to get into it and throw punches at UGA players. Maybe that’s indicative of a general composure issue.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brandon Adams announced Cox dismissal just before he signed off the air. I guess he threw a punch at a UGA player and was in a word battle with others. He was summarily let go and is now a free agent. From what I can gather he is somewhat of a hot head and causes trouble.....just what I gathered. Don't castigate the messenger. There is obviously more to this. Stay tuned....if you care...I do not really.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have searched but nothing more than what’s here on DawgNation. Maybe the punches he threw in game was the final straw, I don’t know. Could it have been behind the scene issues in practice then this topped it all off? Who knows. I guess more will be coming out in due time! Go Dawgs!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Buried on the Dawgs depth chart with an attitude Kirby told him to transfer out. Now dismissed from uf. His trajectory is going in the wrong direction.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting! Will Cox move on to the NFL? Stay in college one more year and finish out with Saban and Alabama?

Sabans like the Honey-Badger, he doesn't care what Cox did. Just come to Bama and play.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't he run into a couple of refs in games accidentally on pupose?

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well that certainly got real...

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@flemingislanddawg yes, he did. I wondered if anyone else had seen Cox do that this year. He's a nasty, undisciplined player who really needs to get an attitude adjustment. I guess Kirby started the process by kicking him off the Dawgs, and now Napier is finishing it up. I was at the game Saturday and I couldn't believe the refs didn't eject him for throwing that punch after Milton's touchdown. I mean, the ref was standing right there; there's no way he didn't see it. Anyway, Go Dawgs!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Not suprised at all. If you're going to be s-t-u-p-i-d you better be tough..

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 144 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't remember the specifics, but there was a game his freshman year - he already had a reputation as having a bad attitude - where he blew an assignment and one of the upperclassmen, linebacker I think (Ojilari? Roquan? Monte Rice?) really got in his face. The two might have even had to be separated by teammates. Had never seen that on a Kirby defense before which is why it sticks in my memory.

Anybody else remember that?

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Someone below said they didn't care what happened to him. He is a talented player who did not maximize his growth and production at FU. BC Jr really needed the UGA program. He would've developed a great deal more had he stayed at UGA.

I only care because I can see him ending up at AL or TN for 1 more chance to improve and clean up his image. And that affects UGA in '23. I THINK he probably declares for the draft. BUT this is a player that would greatly benefit from another year at the CFB level. In 44 CFB games it seems that he has not developed significantly. One trick pass rush pony.

On Dawgnation Daily today BA mentioned a fan that sent in a picture of an FU player but his #1 was photoshopped off and replaced with an "L". About sums it up.

• SteveRSteveR Posts: 12 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited October 2022

He wasn't very sportsmanlike after McIntosh's TD https://youtu.be/8QWerVAu5JQ?t=627

• JTM22JTM22 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe Napier was going to release him anyways, so he ‘used’ him last Saturday hoping he would wreck UGA as some sort of revenge game?

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wonder why Coach Napier didn’t simply get him into counseling! After all, slugging another male football player seems less horrendous than slapping a woman up side the head.

• JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh! Different coach.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Saban will take him. Well, he'll probably want an interview to see if he had smacked any women. If so, then he'll take him. Saban's got standards...

• navydawg1navydawg1 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Maybe someone made fun of his last name?