Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Updates: Georgia-Tennessee showdown, Kirby Smart’s pregame thoughts on officiating

Comments

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on and try and move the ball at least. I like the running focus but we need to let the defense rest a bit. Get some first downs

• Options
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawg gone sure was QUITE in Sanford Stadium today Huh Mr. Aingeixety ?? 😀

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you mean Cooper, his younger brother. But I agree, ut's o line is not that good against a strong defense. They had to score 50+ against Bama to win, because their defense gave up 49. So, I'd say their defense is suspect also.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

Why? After an awesome stop, Kirby goes straight runs for loss of yardage. UT put 15 people in the box, and Ladd has smoked them all day, Why not hit a pass for a first down? Kirby just loves keeping teams in games.

I just got from work, so I have missed the whole game, serious question, has it rained all game? And now more prevent defense.

• Options

Rain didn’t start until second half. UGA has put a good old fashioned a * s whooping on them

• Options

Started raining in the 3rd quarter, been a steady rain ever since..

• Options
  • Options

Conservative play calling led to that score. Gotta keep loading the score at all times. Don’t give them any hope

• Options

I’ve Never seen a Perfect Team or a team play a Perfect game. Not in my near 66 years. But our Dawgs have done Very, Very, Very Well against what Had been up to now a Very prolific high octane Offense. SO they scored a TD with their pair of FGs ?? It’s Just a stat that not many people that ain’t Vols fans will give a plug of powder about !! I wouldn’t really be pleased if they did but Even if they score yet another one. They have to score Two more to win !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    edited November 2022

Couple of 1st downs should do it, and send UT back to Obnoxiousville,TN..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

Thanks both of you. I just needed to know. So in case UT fans started to use the rain excuse. LOL.

If Kirby trusts Bennett, he needs to let him move the ball to pick up first downs. Kirby is going to let this game get closer then it should.

Then we have to listen to how if there was just 5 more minutes they could of won. May not have an argument there

Back to back runs for nothing. MR. PREVENT OFFENSE KIRBY

Now have wr's that can't catch. Why didn't they just go for the first down?

• Options

You have got to catch that ball. Great play call and great pass - poor reception.

• Options

for crying out loud - throw the freaking ball and pick up a first down. They are loading the box so keep hitting the tight ends but quit just basically taking a knee.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really! All you sports analysts and sports writers need to go eat crow. Tennessee gave you all some eye candy. Some of you were saying the same things last year when Georgia busted up Tennessee and Arkansas. Tennessee escaped Pittsburgh in overtime. Barely beat Florida at home by 5. Georgia beat them by 22 at a neutral site. Tennessee had Alabama 28~10 at home and Bama had a chance to win that game. I think those who went against Georgia should apologize to Kirby, his staff, players, and DawgNation. I guess y'all thought Tennessee was going to disrespect Georgia between the hedges.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How SWEET it IS!!! A great performance by the Offense and Defense!!

Now bring on those other Bulldogs...GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options

NOT speaking of those Dawgs fans here but to the TROLLS who frequent this site. Shut Up about Stets and Kirby !!! The Dawgs just BEAT the #1 Team in the country per the CFP Committee !! So Now our Dawgs are the AP #1 the Coaches Poll #1 and will now be the CFP #1 !! I think Kirby knows what he’s doing !! And Stets IS our starting QB !!!

• Options

Even the rain can't be used as an excuse lol they simply got beat by a FAR better team..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Tennessee's offense is only 9 points worse than Kent State. Not bad.