Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Updates: Georgia-Tennessee showdown, Kirby Smart’s pregame thoughts on officiating

1235»

Comments

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

What is sad, the game ended when it got dark, and Kirby played so conservative, they couldn't even use the lights until the end. That is all on him. He could of s-h-u-t up the entire media, if he kept his foot on the gas. That is why the media doesn't respect UGA. And if they somehow lose, and miss the playoffs, it will be absolutely his fault for allowing his offense to look so generic. And just gave UT a better looking defense then they really have. They played 6-7 men in the box all game (I bet), and they should of run it up.

Sorry, just ranting. I just expect more I guess. Still happy with the win, but I'm just so sick of listening to how UT is a better offense then UGA.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And I mean a good old fashion arse whooping lol old Coach Dooley would've been proud of the beat down they put on UT, and their supposed "high powered" offense. Looked more like a sparkler than a firecracker to me..a dud. Thanks in large part to a very stout defensive effort by the DAWGS..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Dawgs won this game Fair & Square !! Even with the Zebras leaning in the Vols favor !!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't be shocked if they have Ohio St. #1 even after barely beating a 1 win Northwestern team in the 4th quarter.

• Options

Anything is possible. But I doubt that. TN was #1 and Dawgs beat Em by 14 pts. But I see your point. There’s so much Wasted love for Ocryo St. !!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry I can’t down vote more than once! The Dawgs are the best coached, best prepared, most fundamentally sound, and most disciplined team in the country BECAUSE of Kirby and his staff and it’s not even close!

• Options

With all due respect to you and I’m quoting you, You said you had just got in from work and didn’t get to see the game. Well I hope you have it recorded. Your bashing on Kirby over essentially a bunch of meaningless stuff !! BEFORE this game was played a Huge amount of Dawgs fans would have been plum tickled to beat them by one TD the way the “experts” had hyped them !! Yes they did manage One TD late in the game. But our Dawgs beat them by 14 pts. !! If you ever find the Perfect College team please be sure to tell us all about them. But as a Respectful Request on my part to You, these Dawgs are now 9-0. Kirby has lost ONE GAME TOTAL out of ALL last season And this season so far that being last years SECCG game. So Please and I’m Very Sincere not sarcastic about the Please if your only gripes are those minuscule things Please don’t post them !! I mean Please STOP and think about it ONE Loss in All of last regular season the playoffs and up to This point in This Season !! And with Mainly Stets at QB !! I think Kirby knows what he’s doing. Thank You !!

• Options
  • Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The game plan here was just as good as the Oregon one. DAWGs were well prepared and executed great. Yes the turnovers were a problem and really were the only reason UT was even as close as they were, but DAWGs executed a true butt whooping. I wanted less conservative calls but I’m a fan and not the coach and I’m sure Kirby wanted to keep all healthy and he certainly knows much better than I do. DAWGS will be #1 without a doubt and they just need to hold strong for 2 difficult road games. Great game and a great win. GO DAWGS

• Options

It's obvious people don't understand simple statements. I wasn't bashing, just expecting more. And if the loss happens,like I said, and UGA gets left out of the playoffs. Just remember, you can all owe me an apology. Because the committee put UT no. 1, only because their offense is so flashy, even though their defense is questionable. And because they beat Ala. And if UGA gets a loss, it will probably be in the SECCG.

And sorry HOOCH, I tried to downvote more then once too. LOL.

• Options

And I don’t think anyone is trying to bash on You. I know I’m not. But you seem to expect utter Perfection. And I don’t think you have or ever will see that. And at some point if your gonna Enjoy the game you have to Trust the Head Coach which is Kirby Smart. This was a Very solid win verses a previously undefeated Vols team. The same Vols that beat Nick Saban and the Tide. And it’s well known that most Dawgs fans were very Concerned about this game. If you have it recorded and I hope you do, when you watch it you will See that the Dawgs beat them actually better than the score shows. Lastly I sure Hope the Dawgs win out the rest of the season and then the SECCG and move on to the playoffs. IF they do lose along the way I doubt very seriously people will be breaking their necks to offer you some sort of “apology” that you Wouldn’t Deserve. The Dawgs lost a whopping 15 of their Best players to the NFL. Others that were Pretty Good at the college level but not quite good enough for the NFL are Also gone. On top of that the Dawgs lost one of their best Defensive players in Noland Smith right before playing this game. SO when all these things are factored in the Dawgs have done Remarkably Very Well !! Most of college football land viewed this as sort of a rebuilding year for the Dawgs. But Kirby just made it a reload !! Just watch the game for yourself later this week they usually reshow them on ESPN, you’ll See this was a Very solid win by the Dawgs. Perfect ?? No there’s no such thing as the Perfectly played game. EVEN if we had beat them 85-0 someone could go back and find some sort of flaw no matter how small. But that’s called nit picking. We as Dawgs fans better be glad we have Kirby Smart !! He Is and Has been building a winning program for years to come !! But that Doesn’t mean he will get the Dawgs to and Win the Natty every single year !! NO Coach has Ever done that not even Satan oops Saban Lol !!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bud, nothing personal, I just most strongly disagree with every word of your original post. If a team that has been top three the entire year is “disrespected”, I contend it is because Kirby put 15 players in the NFL with five first rounders. That, my friend, is historical so there is no precedent in evaluating this years team.

By any legitimate metric, this is a rebuilding year for the Dawgs. Yet, we just beat the CFPC number one team and made that “flashy” offense look less than mediocre!

No apology needed when the Dawgs make the playoffs and Kirby runs out the clock in the fourth quarter before hoisting the back-to-back NC trophy.

• Options

You are both reading into what I wrote, without actually reading it. Never said perfection. I wasn't looking for an apology if they lose. Those were some of my words, but there were more after them. I wanted kirby to make the light show happen, when UT was running 8 men in the box, a pass outside was very easy to do. If not to score (which to me would of been a bad idea), but to keep the UT offense off the field. They did run 75 plays after all. And UGA could of made that less without taking risks. My other point was that why would anybody want to leave a playoff appearance to the hands of people that seem like they know nothing about football. I said if they lose, it could cost them a shot at the playoffs, and everyone would be crying about it. You leave no doubt and don't put your fate in someone else's hands. Why do you think they put UT first? It was because of the offense, that's it. I know UGA has a good offense and way better than people think. But I bet, you two were 2 of the people that thought UGA got robbed for not being on the playoffs in 2018 and 2019. And they shouldn't have been in. 2 losses is a problem. But with a team that couldn't score. I know sometimes I write faster then I think, but I usually have the comments in the statement. Just hidden sometimes. And I never said people were bashing me, I said I WASNT BASHING. And yes, it was a strong win by a team that should be rebuilding, but UGA doesn't rebuild anymore, they just reload. I've waited so many years to say that.