Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Mike Leach: Mississippi State was a few big plays away from beating Georgia

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If my aunt had...

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, sure, I guess if they had scored four more touchdowns than they did. Four is a few.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The one big thing I take from this is this, leach has a point about us with the run. We could not keep them out of the backfield. Had a very Missouri game feel to it. As much improvement as we've shown on the offensive line, it looked like we took 2 steps back this game. Yeah, no sacks, but a lot more pressure than we should've and have been allowing lately. Also evident of why we had to go for the passes before the half, because our run game was non-existent up to that point.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Leach.....go home relax, sleep on it and you will clearly see no way would MS have beaten UGA! UGA was too strong even with miscues. Another year, another time.....maybe. Move on.

• Options
    Tom_BomadilTom_Bomadil Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

Sheesh. If only we didn't get stopped on three fourth down attempts; If only we didn't get stopped at the goal line. If only, if only, if only... Well, those things happened because Georgia was the better team, period. All of that "if only" is just like poker. If only my card had come, I would have taken that big pot."

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If a frog had wings…

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

"IF" MS St had converted those 4th down plays AND IF they would've scored TD's then MAYBE they would've been in the game. Maybe. And if "if's" and "but's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Mike Leach may be a good football coach. Maybe. But that is all he is. He is not the CEO of an elite college program. Apparently really good CFB coaches are hard to find. MS St should be embarrassed to trot Mike Leach out as one of the most visible faces of their institution.

OR losing puts them out. It puts a rematch w/TN (on a neutral field) one step closer.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe he needs to recruit better players.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha, yeah, that's pretty **** of Leach to say those things. I'm sorry, but you just give off a "loser vibe" when you say things like that.

Did MS put up a good fight? Sure. Did they miss out on some big plays? Yeah. Did some penalties not work in their favor? Yeah. Did they EVER have a real shot of beating Georgia? No. Heck, the TD they got from the punt was about as against-the-odds as you can get and so take that away and we would've had backups in by 3rd/4th Quarters.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

Does Kirby think at some point he gets to use those first half timeouts that he stocks up on in every game? And does Leach realize Samford and Kent State put up more of a fight than his punks did lol?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Leach is like Tenn, and and wants a rematch? Vandy probably does also lol...

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

MS ST was over-matched but they played us very well considering and had several calls go against them or bad breaks, especially early(other than the phantom roughing the punter). They tightened up the game and had the special teams TD and that is what every team in their situation needs to have a huge upset. Big special teams play and turnovers. I was very impressed how they shut down our run game for the 2nd time. Stetson and the D won this game. I tip my hat to MS ST and their coaching staff and to their players. They didn't get ran over or buzz-sawed early, when they easily could have with their roster.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Liberty University is not a Division II team. They are a member of Conference USA, not a Power 5 conference but still Division I.