Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-Kentucky live updates, score, injury news and analysis for Week 12 game

124»

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Monken called these plays? The same as Missouri. He allows the other team to make UGA one dimensional.

I will say this once....UGA better be planets better than today in Dec against LSU. This is not a practice game. Levis is better than Bennett for sure...at least today.

Ohio State doesn't look much better, either.

• deputydogdeputydog Posts: 137 ✭✭✭ Junior

I really don't know what to think about Bennett. Strange game. UGA made this game stuff and it did not have to be.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You didn't notice the intentional conservative nature, Monkin was calling plays. I think that was "The plan", going in...exercise the line of scrimmage and play physical...with a physical team (KTY). You may need that mental edge in the CFP and SECCG. Everybody gained experience in this game.

What good would it do, for Kirby to go all out...blow everybody off the field...only to lose in the CFP, cause you can't run the ball or give Bennett enough time to throw downfield. Or...your team was so full of itself by the time they got to the SECCG, they thought they just had to show up and wound up dropping a game or two. Or, because you didn't have enough depth in a key position...(similar to BAMA, last year).

UGA could've won EVERY battle by a mile, during the regular season...but, lost the war, in the SECCG & CFP. Kirby knows exactly what he's doing.

Did you notice how cool Bennett and Smart were? There was NEVER a doubt. LOL

Git er done, boys.

• hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

The top 4 ranked teams all struggled today. We have shown the ability to play down to the competition. On the other hand our best games have been against better teams for the most part. We played with a very limited play book today. Played not to lose today and that can be dangerous.

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 190 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kentucky played a good, tough game and CKS went conservative. Add in the weather conditions and a physical team like Kentucky that had something to prove, I believe it was a get in and get out kind of game. Not really disappointed in my Dawgs but the margin of victory should have been more than 10 points. Never really felt threaten by an upset. On to the next game and Go DAWGS!!!

Keep thinking that. That's exactly what the other teams will think when they turn on the tape. This game, like the Missouri game was game-planned that way.

You don't think Kirby and Monkin could've made a few adjustments, called a few different plays (like that sweep or reverse), maybe called some more plays that put the ball in Bowers or McIntosh's hands a little more. Mac ran the ball 19 times for 143 yds (1 TD). Why didn't Monkin feed him (the hot hand) more?

Because that wasn't the plan. I think they game-planned (season-planned) the way they were going to attack this season and this particular game (game 11), long before tonight. In fact, I know they "season-plan"...Kirby said they do.

THebrew calling this a "blowout" among the games, the top 4 played today.

What are yall looking at? LOL

• hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defense took over #1 in ppg given up.

👍...good deal. I figured they would, but, didn't expect a TD from KTY.

Thanks for the info.