Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Kentucky instant observations following win that leaves many cold

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Kentucky instant observations following win that leaves many cold

LEXINGTON, Ky. — They say good teams win and great teams cover. Georgia did not cover on Saturday and looked far from a great team in its 16-6 win over the Kentucky Wildcats.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No excuses about wind. Give me a break. Levis completed at least 2 very long passes downhill plus other intermediate passes. Our secondary gave up many passes and big plays. Stet was useless. Other then superb running by McIntosh the offense looked less than average. Red Zone offense horrible. Very conservative play calling.

We looked like we were playing not to lose. Nothing more. A weird game plan if you ask me.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

A completely embarrassing performance!

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

We stopped playing like the best team in the country and more like a team lucky to have a lead and playing not to lose. Just weak.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Here’s an instant observation: we’re ****! Running up the middle three times and gaining zero yards. One time - okay, that didn’t work. Two times - just dumb to run same play again. Three times - unbelievably ****. Pay me $500 dollars a game to veto such **** call.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Apparently it’s okay to say dumb but not the six letter synonym beginning with an s followed by a t and ending with a d preceded by an I. Just a little weird.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Please please please stop with the excuses about the windy conditions and passing the ball.

Levis passes for over 200+ yards and that UK true freshman receiver had over 140 yards receiving thru the air.

Just stop, it is insulting to the intelligence of your readers who you need more than they need you.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Kinda convenient and amazing Kirby was able to predict what would happen in Lexington. Could it be our team needed a game like this?

AntiRatPoison™ big time.

Can you imagine the coaching opportunities Kentucky game film presents?

An ügly win never happens to good teams?

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I thought for the first time in my Dawg fandom life, over 40+ years, that Kirby and his Dawgs were past the whole “gotta have 1 oops game” every single year.

Well, our Dawgs are clearly not past that label yet.

I am just happy that the “oops” game did not result in a loss.

I expected this game to play out like this with the BIG target on our backs, really cold weather and on the road, playing a team that is good but coming off an embarrassing loss with absolutely NOTHING to lose…

But what I did NOT expect is for the ultra conservative game plan on offense for 90% of the game AND THEN for the 4th and goal at the 1 yard line play to all of a sudden GO FOR IT instead of sticking to your conservativeness and kick a FG to make it a 3 possession game!!!

That was next level stupidity from Kirby Smart, and that’s my opinion and there is nothing you can say or write or respond that will change my mind. That sort of stuff defies all intelligence from a National Championship coach and team. Period.

• Options
    Dawg4lyfDawg4lyf Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ Junior

I never felt this game was in doubt. My only real question is why we shut the passing game down in the second half. I believe that was 4 passes in 2nd half 2 of the last 3 weeks. I don't like to question a coach that hasn't lost a regular season game in over 2 years - he knows way more than I do. I am just curious about the thought process.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with everyone else. Just stop. UK had the ball for 45 minutes against UT and was held to just over 200 yards of offense. And could not stop the UT offense. I'm sick of hearing kirby talk about a "tough sec game". When several teams that you supposed to be better then, had no trouble with UK. Heck, Vandy scored 30 on them.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Consolation..... Ohio State 33....MD 30 last I looked in the 4th. Michigan won by a FG.. I believe....so did TCU.

No, I do not believe UGA needed a game like this....they have had two. The game plan of no passing is not Monken's style....he and Kirby were in a better dog fight than the game. (Kidding) I agree...no excuses....Levis was a lot better than Bennett. In this game. Stetson went from Mail Man to Milk Man...in a hurry. UGA did not look like a #1 team as you will see tomorrow and Tuesday. Down finger me if you like...but Vandy looked far better than UGA against this same team in the same stadium only last weekend? Kirby has some explaining to do. Poor game plan.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Terrible play calling, poor execution, and a very embarrassing game. Passing up a field goal when you are well ahead made no sense. Going to be a difficult SECCG playing like this.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good Stetson Bad Stetson. What will it be next week? Today it was bad Stetson. Maybe he gets a little more consistent with more experience?

Monken cost the UGA OL the Joe Moore Award today with his play calling. UGA getting stuffed on short yardage so Monken calls a QB sneak w/a 180 lb QB on 4th and 1? SMH

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Play calling was too conservative, but defense again was outstanding. Solid win and will easily stay number one in the country. Ohio State won by 6 really, while both Michigan and TCU should have lost. Only the third team in SEC history to have Back to Back undefeated regular seasons.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2022

Just wondering where Monken went on vacation today...he surely wasn't at the game, hope it was warmer. Looked to me like we recruited a Kentucky HS coach to call our plays?? This game was like going to war with the Third Infantry Division then throwing rocks at the enemy.

Apparently, the "Georgia Standard" failed to make the travel roster.

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

just got by, meh

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who would you put at #1 then? Your own opening statement shows why Georgia will stay at the top. Sure, they played poorly today, but so did everyone else.