Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Senior day quotes by Stetson Bennett show just how far the Georgia football program has come

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageSenior day quotes by Stetson Bennett show just how far the Georgia football program has come

ATHENS — Stetson Bennett sounded a little bit like Justin Timberlake’s character in The Social Network. The 37-14 win over Georgia Tech moved Georgia to 12-0 on the season, giving the Bulldogs back-to-back unbeaten regular seasons.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Make it 15-0 Stetson...go out with a bang. Right now, LSU is tied at 10 apiece with TAMU. So they too are struggling.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

The Dawgs pulled away from Tech just like Lucy used to do with Charlie Brown and the football in the old cartoons...lol. Got Tech thinking they might win this thing...then...NO! GO DAWGS!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just a quick note for Stetson....LSU is struggling with a TAMU passing game. TAMU 17...LSU 10...Halftime.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, one thing is for sure: Stetson won't have to worry about playing a third senior day.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2022

Stetson Bennett lll is probably the most underappreciated College quarterback that has ever been, by many of his own fanbase. Some just won't admit that they were wrong. I get it, it took me a little while also. The naysayers will point out his mistakes every time he makes one but the fact is, he's not perfect and another fact is, I've never seen a perfect QB. The man played a big role in us winning a natty and has us only a couple or 3 wins away from a second one. Those wins will be the most difficult yet to achieve. What was not really even a consideration after losing so many to the NFL last season, has suddenly become THE expectation. Stetson is and has been surrounded by great players and coaches, but he is also a great one himself and his accolades prove it. Finish the unbelievable story Stetson by going out a 2 time National Champion!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish Stetson the Very Best in life. Good, Bad, In Between he Did last year and he Has this year contributed to this team’s success. NOT knocking on Stets but I kind of doubt he’ll make the NFL. He Could make me wrong and that would be Great. But if he doesn’t make the NFL I hope he continues to get good NIL deals though I’m not a big fan of those. Doesn’t matter if I like them or not they are here to stay. A little trivia, Very Early in the vs KY game Stets surpassed Stafford’s passing yardage. That’s nothing to sneeze at !! Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson !! P.S. I’m assuming Carson Beck will be The Man next year barring a big upset by the guys behind him. I Will support Carson during the Good, Bad, and In Between just as I have Stetson.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stetson IS a UGA legend. No matter how this season turns out. Not many can say that. I hope he gets his second ring... he helped UGA become one of the elites in college football. Hope he get's into coaching -- his moxie isn't something you come by everyday.

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetsons little brother looks like he is trying to get his hands on those purple berries.

Bort.