Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Kenny McIntosh carries offense, defense dominates

2»

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seemed to me that Keelee was being "picked on" because he wasn't getting as much help as Lassiter and was kind of alone most of the time on the right side. Early in the game, he may have been tight and had a penalty or two. But in the second half, he had some great passes defended.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's gonna be, like: K-Mac: KABOOM! K-Mil: KABAM! D-Ed: KABLAMO!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Starks was caught out of position but you never question that guys desire!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All great comments today. I'll say this about Bennett; I'm not so sure that the coaches are keeping him under wraps as much as Bennett just may not be consistently executing the offense at a high level. Consider: Near the end of the first half against MSU, we had a run called but Bennett checked to a pass. He threw low and outside to Blaylock, forcing us to punt, which they subsequently returned for a TD. Kirby was unhappy with Bennett's decision. Then, the next week against Kentucky, he overthrew a wide-open Darnell Washington, which at 6'7" is hard to do. It contributed to our slow start there.

Against Tech, on our opening drive (after Tech had scored a TD), he had Kearis Jackson wide open on a slant for what would have been a first down. Instead, Bennett threw behind him forcing us to punt when we really needed to build momentum. Then, while everyone raved about Bowers' TD catch off the grass, more worrisome was the fact that Bennett threw it there in the first place when Bowers was super wide open.

No one (or at least, I don't) expects Bennett to be perfect on every play. But the "gimmie" stuff is just that and he must take advantage in those situations. On throws like the TD to Bowers or D. Washington in Kentucky, they were so open that he didn't need to be perfect. Average would do. But when he doesn't even do that, it just magnifies his shortcomings. And perhaps it makes Monken and Smart just a little more reluctant to give him full control. Maybe by playing back in Atlanta on Saturday, it will remind him of what he did against Oregon and he'll play like that again. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As usual, "Even" should be changed to "Stock Down" (or even "Stock Tanking"). I realize we are a Dawg fan site AND we won, but like Bennett had a pretty rough day. That TD pass to Bowers was likely an incomplete pass and was really poorly thrown at the grass with him wide open. That would've been a turnover on downs.

Our D really got embarrassed especially in the first half as they were getting huge runs and big passing plays left and right. I'm a bit disappointed in Starks whom I thought early on was going to be a superstar and while he is indeed doing quite well, he also is clearly playing... like a Freshman.

I firmly believe we will "wake up" and "get it together" for the SEC Championship game... but it was a really rough half and GA Tech imploded in the 2nd half making things easier.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Are we afraid of hurting feelings? There used to be a "Stock Down" category. Maybe I get Bowers being "Even" because he is always great so getting better is difficult and he certainly isn't getting worse.

Bennett is most definitely sliding. I don't know if it is play calling, his calling or execution or just plain falling off as the season goes but he has been mostly unimpressive the last several games. Yes, good here and there but not the high level he had been playing at.

I'm not sure how Monken isn't on the down, excuse me, even, category. I can only guess we are saving something? We have 3 games left. I think we can start showing the playbook now.