Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What USC loss means for 2022 College Football Playoff picture

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat USC loss means for 2022 College Football Playoff picture

It would seem that no one wants to be the No. 4 seed in the 2022 College Football Playoff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh, and so you know I didn’t forget:

@87dawg BAMA ain’t gettin’ in!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was hoping the Dawg's would get to take down another Heisman QB in the playoffs...

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SCREW BAMA! Bama shouldn’t get in. I don’t care how close their 2 losses were, they lost two games and could’ve easily lost 2 more! If they let them in it would be just shameful. Send them mother ******s to the doodoo.com bowl. Tired of seeing them get their way all the time. Besides, you will get screwed by the refs when you play them clowns. Ohio State is more deserving to get in. One loss is better than two loses, right?

GO DAWGS!

BEAT LSU!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The fact that they are even still in the conversation and are actually ranked above tennessee should speak volumes. I don't want them in and I believe if they were in, any of the top 3 would beat them. They never even sniffed outside the top 10 with 2 losses so I am amazed you don't see the bias. That was my whole point. Never that they deserved it but that they could conceivably back-door into this.

On the plus side of this conversation is the fact that now the discussion seems to hint that TCU could still be in with a loss. That had not even been thought till this article. It was believed that the Horned Frogs didn't have the resume but since that initial thought they have gone out and won bigger. Same with Michigan so maybe they bought some leeway or maybe the committee just flat doesn't want a 2 loss team in.

But as I said, it would not surprise me in the least. If TCU and Michigan lose, watch what happens, which is exactly the point I was making.

So bwahahahahahahaha on that a while.

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Keep the focus on LSU! Ignore the RAT POISON! Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Could definitely see TCU losing; they struggled mightily with K State earlier this year, but if Michigan loses to an absolutely bad Purdue team, no one from the Big 10 should get in. More kidding on that but that would look horrible if your 2 best teams couldn’t muster a conference championship won by a 4-loss team with absolutely 0 impressive wins. I don’t see Michigan losing but if TCU lost, that could definitely put them in the 4 spot which I like better than the DAWGS having to play OSU in the first round.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They will porobably at least get to do so for a Heisman candidate: CJ Stroud!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen !! Well said !! Very well said !! Go Dawgs !! Whup up on them Tiggers !!!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Does anyone else get the vibe that the CFP Committee would kinda LIKE to see another Alabama-UGA final? Continues something of a dynastic rivalry... great for ratings (esp with USC now out) 🤔☺️😳

• Options

Warning Off Topic…….sort of. I wish the Heisman selection was like the playoffs and the National Championship. Don’t select a winner until every single game has been played, including the National Title. I did not see a hint of Heisman in Caleb Williams last night Before he got hurt. USC got dismantled on Both sides of the ball by the Utes. I’ve never had anything but disdain for USC so it was Fun watching them get thrashed !! I also saw Why the points rack up so high in PAC12 teams. Neither team has a decent Secondary, though the Utes were considerably better than USC on that unit. The Utes defensive front and LBs were pretty dawg gone solid and that definitely showed vs USC. As for our beloved Dawgs I echo what’s been said here over and over, just focus on LSU, beat them (especially by a solid score) and everything else will fall in place. And I Sure Hope & Pray NO serious injuries !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Great to see the Utes beat up those Trojans last night...for the 2nd time I might add, but I was hoping the Dawgs would get a shot at Williams and Co. I do think Lincoln Riley is a very good coach, but he has come up short time and again as a head coach.

Oh well, I guess we get to play the Buckeyes...

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The path to the '22 championship just got a lot harder. OSU on a fast track in the dome with a month to get healthy and prepare is formidable. They were ranked top 3 all year.

I don't see a MI/OSU rematch in the 1st rd of the playoff. Just like I don't see a UGA/AL 1st rd playoff should TCU lose today and drop out of the top 4. The committee doesn't want rematch games they want fresh matchups.

If you have watched the games and know football you know why AL is rated higher than TN. AL played poorly at TN (17 penalties) and missed a last second FG that would've won the game. AL was playing better than TN at the end of the season (eye test) AND this is no longer the same TN team. Their QB is not playing anymore.

It seems like the committee is trying to find a way to get AL in.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson needs to have a monster day to possibly secure two trophies.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OH, is there a CFP coming up? UGA didn't know...they are all in on LSU. All in!

• Options

First I want to see our Dawgs utterly Crush the Tiggers !! That’s what I’m hoping for. Then I want to see our Dawgs utterly Crush the Best perceived teams in CFB !! So there will be NO excuses from the “experts”. Then, just Maybe, Then, our Dawgs will Truly get the Respect that they have Already deserved for a long time !! I especially want the ESPN experts to be busy digging the pie out of their eyes when our Dawgs win the SECCG and Another National Title !!!! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MontanaDawg

A guy who has come up short time and time again is not a "very good coach." Here is the evidence on Lincoln Riley. He took over Oklahoma, a top 4 program with a Heisman winner and #1 overall pick at QB, and within a few years they weren't even the #1 team in their own division. He then rips off their best players, combines them with a bunch of other players from all over the country to abscond to USC - trashing Oklahoma as a place where you can't recruit elite players on his way out - and then proceeds to lose twice to Utah in a rebuilding year for the Utes. During the game, we saw consistently that where USC is a bunch of individuals who kept aiming for big flashy highlight reel plays and marketing themselves to the NFL and "their brand" to advertisers - and USC is the best school in the country for doing so - Utah played together as a team, focused on fundamentals, made positive plays whenever the more talented USC team left openings and when they weren't they just fell back and focused on not making disastrous mistakes. We also saw the same with Utah-USC that we did with UGA-Tennessee. Whittingham - who should have been hired by Auburn, Florida or some other major program ages ago - is a defensive coordinator who runs a pro style offense. Riley is a QB guy who runs a spread offense. Both Utah and Tennessee were WAY tougher physically and mentally. Utah just kept the hits coming and USC shrank from the contact. The same thing that happened to Oklahoma teams when Riley lost 3 playoff games, and happened to his last team when they lost the Big 12 title to Baylor happened against Utah. Long term the prospects don't look good for Riley because either they will stay in the Pac-12 and have to contend with Utah squads that have even better players PLUS a UGA imitator that Schuman is building at Oregon. Or they will go to the Big 10 and have Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State (you can bash that league but they only lost to each other), Wisconsin (who hired the Cincinnati coach) and Illinois (who has the former Wisconsin coach) pounding him year in and year out.

The only reason why Riley is called a genius is because he makes QBs look good. If Riley was a guy whose offense relied on the running game, or if he is a defense guy the media wouldn't hype him up. They would talk about his very real flaws in building a program, gameday coaching etc.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

Logged on today for the specific purpose of writing this. If Bennett can somehow get 4 TD passes today, that would clear the minimum threshold for Heisman voters for 20 on the season. He has 3150 yards already, so reaching 3300 will be easy. I just hope that UGA gets a lot of red zone opportunities that allows Bennett to throw it to Washington, Bowers, McIntosh and McConkey one time each.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

@87dawg

Do not even try and deflect because I ain’t buying it.

and there are 3 more teams besides Bama that are still “in the conversation” and all of that amounts to a hill of beans.

You were wrong in your opinion and assumption and you were wrong again after doubling down on it. And now you, as I assumed you would and as I posted, wouldn’t have enough class to own up to your wrong take a week and a half ago. You went out of your way to repost how my post here;

November 22, 2022

There is zero ways Alabama “gets back in”.

ZERO.

They only have a 5 win Auburn team this weekend, and there are 3, yes THREE SEC teams that are universally thought of as being ahead of them: UGA, LSU, and UT(even with the embarrassing USC loss because UT still has 3 top 15 wins to counterbalance that).

Alabama is not going to back door anywhere or anyone, and after this weekend’s games that will play itself out because all of the teams ranked ahead of them are playing other highly ranked foes or highly ranked foes in their conference championships the weekend after while Alabama is sitting at home with 2 losses and 5 wins by less than a TD while all of the other teams will only have maximum 1 loss after this weekend.

USC and Oregon are the wild cards but if TCU wins out, the only team that needs to worry about them or sorry ACC Clemson is Michigan if they lose this weekend at OSU.

The championship weekend is pretty much to see who will seed in at number 4 and what the overall seeds will be for the top 4.

UGA isn’t dropping out even if LSU wins in Atlanta. You can take that to the bank.

I personally hope TCU wins out the next two weeks because I think they deserve a shot after what they have done throughout the season.

Id also be fine with our Dawgs playing USC in the semifinals because I think that would be awesome to watch our Dawgs destroy them with their defense and put a bunch of points on their lousy defense.

…of Bama having ZERO chance of getting in the playoff after week 11 results was ludicrous. Now?

You own it.

I ❤️ it.

And I live it.

Go Dawgs!