Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Justin Fields the most recent tie between CFP Peach Bowl teams Georgia and Ohio State

SystemSystem Posts: 11,133 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageJustin Fields the most recent tie between CFP Peach Bowl teams Georgia and Ohio State

ATHENS — If you Google “Georgia” and “Ohio State,” Justin Fields name will come up about 99 out of 100 times.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve said this a thousand times so here’s 1001. Which game would we have definitely won that we lost if Fields had stayed at UGA? The dude probably cost us the Sugar Bowl against Texas with his negative locker room attitude on his way to Ohio State. I’m sorry guys, but I wish he had never been part of our program. He never won a game at UGA and likely caused us to lose against Bama with “his” botched fake punt. Good grief!!! Go Dawgs!!!

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Field's.....the proof is in the puddin. He was never going to make it UGA, not intelligent enough to learn the system, not willing to put forth the effort and commitment. In turn we got SBIV the Georgia way...He earned it and in turn he helped grow the culture now flourishing at UGA, a culture always striving to meet an elite standard.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Agreed!

why is this even being brought up!? It has nothing to do with the present state of UGA and tOSU…..not relevant at al!

What’s next!?…….Are we going to talk about how urban crier beat UGA at UF before he became a coach at tOSU!?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are buckeyes like chestnuts, can you roast them over an open fire ? Just trying to be interesting………

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 393 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was waiting for Mike to bring up Fields. Why you ask this topic was brought up, simple, Mike has a huge man crush on Justin and will bring him up in every story he can if there is an opportunity. 20 years from now, if Mike is still working here, I bet he will still be trying to bring him up, lol!

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've been wanting Georgia to play Ohio State for a long time! It's been too long since the last time these teams met and Georgia won at that meeting. Let's do it again dawgs! Sic 'em!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, he's smart enough to learn a professional NFL "system," but wasn't smart emough to learn UGA's "system" . Pardon me but that sounds a little bit illogical to me and a little bit you know what!

If you think CKS has egg on his face for letting Fields transfer, then what about Burrow and Williams? That's 2 hard pills to swallow. THe very best College QB of all time perhaps and certainly one of the best receivers(Williams)single season- of all time. He put the spark in BAMA before getting hurt.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

I can’t think of a game we would have definitely won with any of the players you mentioned. Actually, their additions may have created tensions with our loyal players who worked hard to gain playing time. We likely win no additional games, but possibly lose a few with their additions if conflicts arose in the locker room due to their big egos. I don’t see any “egg on Kirby’s face”…..none whatsoever. Go Dawgs!!!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...who said he learned anything, in Chicago? Looks to me like they dumbed down their offense and redesigned it, so, their high-dollar QB can run and throw. Kinda like OSU did. You stop him...you stop "Da Bears". Same with OSU.

Relying on 1 player to move the ball, is not a good plan. Fields got injured, as most QBs with his playing style, do...and so goes Chicago, till he returns. Atlanta learned a lesson with Michael Vick, that many NFL Teams have yet to learn...apparently.

One more thing...Lol. Evidently, there is a group of people, that feel the need to go down the list of "Comments" and "Vote Down" various comments. While it may be "family and friends" of Justin feeling a level of insult..."it's still a ****-Move"!

If you have a contradictory opinion...express it, or remain silent. That stabbing in the "dark of anonymity", is not becoming of a UGA Bulldog Fan.

I don't agree with everyone's opinion, every time. And, if I feel strongly enough (or, I'm bored) about a "Post", I offer a counter opinion. But, I'll be darned, if I'm gonna weasel out, with a click. That's just cowardly.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...I was thinking the same thing. Now, that we have NIL/TP and all "Conferences and Teams" (131 teams) will be "Playoff Contenders", starting in the fall of 2024.

There will be many more Fields, Williams & Burrows stories, in the coming years. Maybe from the likes of Colorado or Rutgers...ya never know. Lol

@BubbaBill

I wasn't saying anything about I wish we had Fields or he would have been our best QB, just from a coaching perspective, if you think JF transferring was a bad look for CKS(and I'm not saying it was necessarily(but some obviously feel it was a blunder), it's certainly something to be discussed and we have, then what about letting Williams and Burrows both slip away though granted not at the same time? THat's a doubly bad look or more egegious blunders.