Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football sees first player enter the transfer portal ahead of College Football Playoff game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,534 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football sees first player enter the transfer portal ahead of College Football Playoff game

Georgia defensive lineman Bill Norton has entered the transfer portal, becoming the first Bulldog this season to do so.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey. You got to do what you got to do. Best of luck moving forward

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ Junior

He is a better player for his time here & likely a starter in a different program. I hope he gets his offer but I would also like to see him finish & get another ring. NFL teams look for diamonds in the rough from special teams as well.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The transfer portal will likely begin to hum now at UGA as Bill Norton broke the TP ice. We all wish him the very best at his future school.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man's gotta do... As long as he doesn't feel the need to disparage UGa as some notables reportedly did (which he hasn't).

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bring back mandatory redshirts for undergrad transfers. No exceptions.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck in your future young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Every players contribution is valuable when the focus is solely on the TEAM first....there are no guarantees, no promises, no sure things. Hard work, dedication and never relenting tenacity is required by all. Some player are more successful than others, sometimes fate provides opportunity and players get more snaps. But again, when every player refuses to allow individual self interest to detract from the concept of corporate value, the TEAM is the ultimate winner. Thus, the only true indication and quality for COY, is the ability of a coach to instill this concept/value into as many players as possible. Kirby Smart , IMO is again COY, whether the AP writers recognize this fact or not as he and his staff have again done an excellent job of instilling and promoting the concept of TEAM value.

With all that said, at times a player doesn't fit and the only thing to do is make a change....I'm thankful we have the TP!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, but good luck on that.

I would like to know when he's leaving. Is he sticking around as a team member until after the playoffs or what? What are the rules? Reporters writing articles such as this should dig a bit. Inform us. Answer obvious associated questions.

(Yes, that's a criticism. Who, what, where, when, how, and why. Journalism.)

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Norton is a darned good football player. He performed well for "The G", during his time at UGA. I hope he finds a suitable home. The guy can flat out play. If he couldn't, he would've been "gone", a long time ago.

Speaking of good football players... What do ya think the odds are, that JT Daniels finds his way back to Athens? I'll give 5:1 odds on that.

4:1 on Daniels to A&M and............ 2:1 Daniels to BAMA/TENN/LSU/FLA/KENTUCKY

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think he ends up in the SEC. I'll be surprised if he ends up at Power5 tbh.

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't blame these young men buried on the depth chart. They only have so many years to play. For some, it is their last opportunity to play the game of football in their lifetime instead of riding the bench at their current place. For others, it is their last opportunity to impress pro scouts. Some flourish elsewhere where they get on the field more, others dont. As long as they don't disparage UGA, I can't blame them and wish them the best of luck.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why should Norton be allowed to remain with the team? He has publicly stated that he no longer wishes to be a Dawg, so give him his wish. It is a long-held maxim that "that which must be done eventually, should be done immediately." Let him go on to his "greener pastures" before his attitude infects the rest of the team. We don't need him. We've 100 more lined up who will be glad to take his place. He'll never be a DGD.

(JK, except I do think he may as well leave now. But I'm sure Norton is a good kid who just is looking for a reset on his football career. There is NOTHING wrong with that and, like Justin Fields, I really do wish him the best. I was just repeating the vitriol earlier that some other Dawg fans had spewed about previous transfers).

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck, young man!

Did what was asked of him for four years….unfortunately he was recruited at a time when we had/have generational depth.

No shame at all in owning up to this.

I wish him well and truly hope he lands somewhere to be able to finish out his career!

Go Dawgs!