Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida football decline continues, Gators avoid shutout with last-minute field goal in 30-3 loss

2»

Comments

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with much, if not most, of what @thadec said. His analysis is as good as any. Where I disagree with him is about Meyer. While I believe the man lacks integrity, I don't think that you can call winning 2 national championships in 4 years, plus coaching a Heisman Trophy winner, a FAIL. I would definitely take that at UGA. Go Dawgs!

• Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yuh. UGa was 15-4 from 71 thru 89. That is in the past also. So... I guess the gator faithful have to cling to something.

That said, I take no pleasure in seeing UF brought low. No. Wait. I do take pleasure in seeing UF brought low.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always want SEC teams to win bowl games against non-conference foes. Florida embarrassed its University and its Conference. Go Dawgs!

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

You always go with the play that will give you the highest percentage to score....but the fact remains.....the Gators were held scoreless for 99% of the game while the team that has a beaver for a mascot hung 30 points on you.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Just goes to show you how silly and worthless much of the bowl season has become. A 6-6 Gator team shouldn't have even been invited to a bowl. Players rolled their eyes at the invitation and many opted out. Too many bowls for too many undeserving teams. All for the almighty dollar...Good grief...

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Excellent post. You know I’ve never really looked at Meyer in that light. I guess when his inherited pool of players dries up, and he’s forced to recruit his own players, etc…that’s when the hijinks begin. Hence the NCAA issues that typically followed his departure(s).

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Funny how some turn their nose up at actual analysis. I guess if it’s not snarky one-liners or if it requires a little thought, it’s not welcome. Oh well…such is the way of the digital attention span.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep...and, Meyer did basically the same thing at OSU. Not a fail...as a football coach.

Do you agree with him on Spurrier...and, Smart vs Napier in their first year? Just curious.

Do you get the feeling that "brvhrt" & "thadec" are the same person? Lol...there's no way two people can see things exactly the same way...and, be so wrong. Lol He might have one or two more "usernames" on here, as well.

In any case, he IS right about Zook, McClain and Mullin. Muschamp was a Defensive Coordinator & Asst. HC, at Texas...not, "a defensive assistant". Big difference.

As far as Napier's concerned...Too early to tell, IMO. Though, I am not impressed. I just wonder what happened, with regard to Brenton Cox. That just doesn't add up, to me.

I definitely agree with the overall theme of the post. UF wasted a golden opportunity, by hiring another "project coach". They've been trying to find that "next great coach" in hiding, far too long. They should've made Spurrier an "offer he couldn't refuse", back when they had the chance. He was their "Kirby Smart".

We're just fortunate that UGA's administration had the marbles to fire a fairly successful HC, CMR, in order to hire their "Steve Spurrier", CKS. Both guys love their Alma Matre and can coach their ass off.

• Alexander_the_LateAlexander_the_Late Posts: 42 ✭✭✭ Junior

"I don't know what 3 points does for you there." Down 30-0 with under a minute left, what, Kirk, do you think a TD does for you that is better than a FG? Almost as **** a statement as Pat McAfee saying that being down 23-0 wasn't good for Florida. I've gotten to the point where I'm watching a lot of games on mute. From jerks who intentionally mispronounce players' names because of their racism, to frauds telling you something that the replay we're all watching (and them, too) shows is untrue, I can't help but to mute broadcasts in frustration. Failing upwards. It's never been a good thing.

Lol...that's funny. I do the same darn thing. May as well listen to the radio. I wish ole, Larry Munson was still on. It was liking watching the game with your Dad. Lol