Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s turn the page here . Arik and Hunter out of the picture. Both have their reasons. Arik’s reasons are more physiologic than attention seeking which can’t be said for Hunter.

I do see on the horizon Hunter and Coach Prime butting heads. When both are after attention Instead of advancement of a team. This will come to a head!

Heres to another great recruiting class, mind you right in the middle of prepping for the cfp playoff!

great job Kirby and staff.

now let’s go take them buckeyes to the train station!

go dawgs

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

The Hunter situation worked out best for everybody. He is a very talented athlete. But he isn't up to the UGA standard of teammate. Using twitter follower additions to drive he announcement tells you all you need to know. He is Deion Jr. A Deion disciple. He would be a square peg in a round hole in the UGA locker room.

Hunter gets to be Deion's right hand man on the field. He and Deion's sons. Nepotism in the locker room is bad for the "team" approach. So Hunter wins. Deion wins. He gets a good player and the spotlight on him. And Hunter gets to be the center of attention. Something he and Deion share as a primary motivation.

UGA wins because 1) he transferred away from the SEC. UGA doesn't have to worry about this kid maturing and realizing his potential against UGA. And 2) UGA won't be putting a me first player in the locker room that will push other CB's or WR's, who meet the UGA standards, into the TP. Win. Win. Win.

• Options
    99nout99nout Posts: 218 ✭✭✭ Junior

CU will remain a hot mess no matter who the coach is. Deion may improve it slightly, but he also may make the program worse (not the record, there's no way to make their record worse than 1-11).

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's the delay on Cottrell?

Friday is the last day for early sign.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Daniels couldn't keep a starting job at USC, UGA, or WV, so he looks for greener pastures, for the 4th time. Not a good looking trend, when you give up because you couldn't win back the starting job at QB after an injury,with all of that supposed talent. Not only did that happen at USC, but UGA as well. Then plays poorly at WV, and subsequently gets benched for his lack of performance. Not eye opening stats at 3 different schools, 6900 passing yards, 45 TD, 25 INT, and under 63% completion rate. He should put up huge numbers at Rice, but then again..i thought the same when he went to WV.

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

UGA fans. there may be some more good news coming in this class for UGA. Stay patient and watch. There may also be some more good news on top of the two WR portal transfers with another high quality defensive transfer to UGA. Things are looking really good. Hope it all works out. What say you Jeff S.?

• Options
    DawginNCDawginNC Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Love all this good recruiting news, but I’m obsessing over the playoffs. Do we have any updates on Ladd or Warren?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t know my Brother, but I hope he does sign. I think More is Better when it comes to WRs. Especially under the Monken Offense. Let Em come to the G !!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2022

I have a question?

What is with this On3 promotion/ mention in every single article DN is pushing just this recruiting season?

Is On3 giving kickbacks to DN writers and some other back door shenanigans going on?

Since when did DN ever mention anything other than 247 composite numbers and maybe a rivals or ESPN ranking mention occasionally mixed in?

247 recruiting composite is where it’s at and where it will always be.

I am not going to give any wasted money to these sites nor disable my AdBlocker so they can inundate me with all of these ridiculous 30 second ads they attempt to force me to watch so I can read a 75 word statement about what recruit decided to select so and so college to play football.

DN keeps up with this nonsense it will drive me away from clicking on and following these articles.

Make it stop because this is ridiculous. I will never pay .99 cents to read a non-proofread article much less $9 per month to support some recruitnick site that is rarely correct half of the time as it is! 🙄

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This looks like a very solid signing class and when you put the last three defensive classes together, no program in CFB even comes close.

Georgia has built a program where its offense is better than any defense they face, and its defense is better than any offense they face.

Other programs are signing higher rated classes via play for play. How many of those paid mercenaries are still at T A&M? Not many. It's much the same at another SEC program.

Kirby's taking a different approach to recruiting and it's a better way.

Don't get lost in the recruiting rankings. Those rankings for teams who're buying so many players don't look so good only a couple of years later. Georgia has the best process and is doing a better job of developing and retaining its talent.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey my fellow Dawgs fans. I don’t have Twitter, or Instagram, or TicTok and I closed out my FB account as it was starting to get on my nerves. Other than texts and emails to my family & very close friends this is all the social media I have. Citing the Tweet from Raymond Cottrell the WR, as many of y’all that Do have Twitter please go on there and show him Much Love !! Most of the Dawgs fans that responded to him Did just that. But I noticed there were a couple of Dufus guys that got snarky with him. I can Read the Twitter messages when they are cited in an article like here, but I can’t respond. I’d be much appreciative and I feel he would to. I want to see him join the WR room at UGA for His good and for the Dawgs good. Kirby and staff wouldn’t have offered him if they didn’t think he belonged at UGA. He deliberately spelled the word patience as Patients followed by a Cross. He hasn’t signed yet, perhaps he has a loved one in the hospital or going through medical issues ?? But you can always count on some idiotic people to show up and mock, and a few did because of the way he spelled the word. I’m very confident he did that on purpose. But the few snarks called themselves Dawgs fans. Well if Kirby and the coaching staff want him at UGA, and obviously they do else they wouldn’t have offered a scholarship, Then I want him at UGA. Y’all please go and show him much love and welcome him. He’d probably do very well at UGA in Coach Monken’s system. So would be good for him and good for us as Dawgs fans !! Thx in advance ! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is it just me, or does it seem like the players who are interested in going into the transfer portal are holding off until after the NC Parade on Saturday? That's what I would do, if it were me... I know there have to be some third and fourth year guys that have gotten recruited over that will be looking for opportunities to play elsewhere. However, if they want to have an opportunity to win another Natty, they should probably hang around Athens. Something tells me that come Sunday or Monday next week, we are going to see a few to several names start to appear on the transfer list. Just guessing...

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MJ Sherman was a really highly rated recruit -- just outside of being a five-star if I remember correctly. So I'm surprised that during his third year on campus he apparently wasn't ready to get a lot of game reps, particularly given how thin we were late in the year at edge/OLB.

Does anybody know what's been going on with that?

Whatever the case, I'm hoping he's simply a late bloomer. He certainly has physical attributes. It would be great to see him shine near while the highly touted pups coming in at LB learn the system.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I expect 3-5 more to declare early at least 12 more to enter the portal making a total of 17 seeking new homes. This will be necessary to get down to the 85 limit.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

could we get a table instead of this running thread?