Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What social media is saying about Georgia football after epic win over Ohio State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,456 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageWhat social media is saying about Georgia football after epic win over Ohio State

ATLANTA — Georgia fans could not have gotten a better start to 2023. Literally. Ohio State kicker Noah Ruggles’ missed field goal hit the ground seconds after midnight.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heckuva gutsy comeback (twice) to win!

Hats off to tOSU! Dawgs are unbelievable!

On to LA!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Helluva win! Key plays and many pivotal moments. What a frickin' game!!

GO DAWGS!! STOMP THEM FROGS!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just think what the score would have been without CJ. He turned endless sacks into big plays. Other than some bad luck and some sloppiness by Bennett we did quite well. We need to remain focused however.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ha. Tymon Mitchell went from winning a ring with UGA in 2021 to playing UGA for the national title in 2022.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

C game? Nah....B game with an A conclusion.

Next.

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

This game could have been a lot less stressful without the Bennett mistakes. He lost yards on both 3rd down plays before Pod's missed field vials goals. His INT on a wide open McIntosh gave OSU an easy TD. That short armed lateral to Ladd was one of the WORST plays I've ever seen. On that last TD pass there were still 14 seconds left on the play clock. But because he makes two throws on the last drive he's the "MVP" of the game. I've never seen someone get so much credit for making things harder for everyone else

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

You may not have seen a college player get so much credit when you don’t think they deserve it. And that is a subjective perspective.

What is 100% factual is that this kid has handled himself with class and toughness while enduring mountains more negativity, lack of support and toxicity than it’s likely any other young man has experienced in the history of the sport.

He made the plays he needed to when we needed him most. Sorry the win wasn’t “comfortable” enough for you. Now, may I suggest you GET A LIFE and let Stetson enjoy it.

PS… I noticed you didn’t suggest anyone else for MVP based on their effort, which further indicates your position is rooted in a lack of preference towards Bennett more than what happened in those 60 minutes.

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wonder if the refs would have flagged Ohio State for having 12 men on the field on the fake punt had Kirby not called time out.

• Options
    Lexi33Lexi33 Posts: 64 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Dogs were given a miracle gift on New Year's Eve. Let's hope they don't squander it on January 9.

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would say they earned that miracle.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What other team could withstand that passing onslaught and comeback from 14 down in the 4th? This one. Built to win! Go Dawgs!

• Options

Ddavis0777

Why would you tell someone to get a life for pointing out facts? Was the game comfortable enough for you? I didn't even mention the INT he almost threw at the end of the first half that had Kirby sprinting on to the field to rip into him. It's true he not my preference because he is still making the same cringe worth plays he was making 2 sessions ago. I've gotten so tired of Kirby saying Stetson needs to play better after EVERY game(which he did once again after this game) because it's not ever gonna happen. I understand loyalty to the players as fans but sometimes you have to be a realist.

PS. As for the arbitrary MVP award who else but a QB do they ever give a made up award to. Stroud was the best player in that game by far

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What I used to say about Bennet was , "he can shoot you in and he can shoot you out!" MEaning he can throw some Ints and he can make the big throws when he has to. to winthe game! He is what he is, but at this heart he's a winner and an overcomer! He's greater than the sum of his parts. One QB Saturday night had for all practical purposes a near perfect game passing it and the other made some poor throws at times, a bad read or two, threw an interception and almost another one or two and yet won the game. The near perfect guy didn't.

THe one alot of folks are complaining about will play for his 2nd NC in a few days! Make no mistake there are alot of Ohio St. fans complaining, not because their QB isn't an amzing QB, he is, but becasue he can't win the big game! So, think on that one UGA fans complaining that SB wasn't perfect!

• Options

And please stop referring to Stets as a kid. HE'S 25 YEARS OLD. Not a kid anymore. Most people that age are married with kids at that point. He's older than 11 starting QBs in the NFL. I still can't understand how he got on the Heisman stage with only 20 TD passes in his 6TH ( I repeat 6TH) year of playing college football. He threw more TDs last year in fewer games. He's just an average college QB with ELITE talent all around him. Nothing wrong with wanting elite QB to go with our elite O-line, RBs, WRs, and defense. What's sad is all we have to do is look down our bench to find it.

• Options

Thanks reddawg1 for reinforcing my point. We have an average QB on an elite team. Stroud is an elite QB on a really good team. At our heart aren't we all winners and overcomers or is Bennett on a pedestal above all of us for being so gritty and determined and having all this heart we assign to him?

• Options

I guess that's why Kirby ran off JT with an undefeated record and the highest passer rating in school history. He just needed more heart like Stets

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

I fail to see or understand how anyone who watched the Peach Bowl could make such a ridiculous statement .... the DAWGS were "given" the win Saturday night. The facts bear out our struggles to overcome and out play TOS twice. Our offense scored 42 points, one more than TOS. Our defense held the most explosive offensive attack we have ever experienced out of the endzone and forced TOS to attempt a 50 yard field goal.....I would have bet the ranch that Hot Pod would have made it. Noah Ruggles of TOS is a higher rated kicker than Jack but he sent a dying duck wiiiidde right. I am convinced it was because of the reputation and pressure the members of our DEFENSE exerted on Noah's psyche.

We weren't given a **** thing Saturday night....especially from the morons from the PAC 12 calling the game. I stopped counting the no hold calls....had we still employed "tear away jerseys" our D-Line would have been half naked by the end of the first half! The GEORGIA BULLDAWGS EARNED the status and prestige of being THE NUMBER 1 team in America Saturday night by demonstrating their TEAM skill, TEAM resilience, TEAM tenacity and TEAM brotherhood!

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior