Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Tennessee QB Erik Ainge takes a shot at Stetson Bennett: ‘He’s a punk’

Comments

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Love him or hate him Stetson is getting the job done. We've heard a lot of our fans question Bennett, I admit I was leaning toward a possible QB change during the third quarter last Saturday night. It proves once again that CKS knows what is best for this program, this team, and these players.

Does Stetson have something to prove? To Stetson it seems to me like he does, IMO at times he has done things that give people reason to think he has that in your face attitude when he proves the critics wrong. Is there anything wrong with that, not for me to answer, I've seen much worse behavior and examples. Punk, absolutely not!

Ainge? Jealousy, resentment, anger and other underlying problems are robbers of a lot of things that make complete people. Things like joy, self confidence, contentment, peace, many more. I don't know him, therefore I won't judge him, but his comment indicates to me he's a class A Jerk. Whoops, I guess I just judged him..

I really like people who walk softly and let just their actions and the results speak for themselves.

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why is this an article. He is getting just what he wanted... ATTENTION. On all the GA bulldogs sites this is a topic. WHY we don't even know this guy is. But yet you will know now

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks! I was being facetious with it since I doubt many people even know or care who Erik is.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How is this even a story? I guess Connor knew it would stir up the DawgNation commenters. Why are we still commenting on Ainge? He is far removed from any sense of football reality and shoots his mouth off for ratings. Ignore the lout and he will fade into obscurity...again.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ainge has found a cheap way to get a lot of attention for his radio show. That's all this is.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgnation, you can do better than this. Knoxville is irrelevant and so is Connor now. I ain’t forgetting. He owes SB and thetireDawg Nation a big big apology and SOON.

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Eric showing his lack of class. When he was playing his parents got more air time than he did.

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 81 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

The biggest difference between Stetson Bennett and Erik Ainge is one is a winner and the other isn't.

And everybody use to think his Uncle Danny Ainge was a crybaby.

• Options
    Camden_DawgCamden_Dawg Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Who is Erik Ainge?? At first I thought this was a made up name. I had literally never heard of this person before this year.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh, he is showing "class", Low class.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope his point was that Stetson is milking the walk-on thing after starting 30 games. I believe it’s the media who is stretching Bennett backstory. Either way history can’t be changed. Bennett has proven he can excel. GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've always heard it's easy to hate what you can't duplicate..ainge is living proof of that.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Not at all suprised by ainge's lack of class, considering he wore an orange Halloween costume when he played college football in obknoxiousville. He simply doesn't have enough sense to know any better.