Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hope the CFP never goes back to Los Angeles

TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Indy put on a show. It was organized and promoted well. Most game related activities were very close in proximity to the stadium and host hotels. They blocked off city streets for activities related to the championship game. They made it an enjoyable experience even in single digit temperatures. It was truly 4 or 5 days that the city could be proud of.

Los Angeles was the exact opposite. Things were an hour car ride from the next stop. The concerts were a joke...albeit Pitbull put on a great show. He was great....but the fact that was supposed to be an event associated with the CFP is a joke. It was nothing but UCLA and USC students. Even the entertainers were like where the TCU/Dawgs fans at? Only to be answered with a couple Woo hoos. The ESPN fan experience looked like something the local elementary school put together compared to what they had in INDY. Poor vendors had to set up in Santa Monica to feel like they were safe.

Enjoyed the game no doubt but the festivities leading into it was abysmal. Los Angeles should be ashamed....and honestly never needs to host a championship game again. Just my 2 cents....I sure hope Houston is better prepared cause we plan on being there in 2024 😉

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

LA you put garbage in you get garbage out

• mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well it's worth noticing, Matthew Stafford and Sean McVay won the Rams the Super Bowl in their home stadium last year in Los Angeles, same season the Dawgs broke our national title drought in Indianapolis, and this year the Dawgs went to that same stadium in Los Angeles and won the national championship again! It was meant to be I guess! But it is crazy how Georgia has had big huge program defining moments in California. The Rose Bowl in Pasadena helped us break our 35 year drought without a national championship game appearance, and the CFP National Championship game in Los Angeles helped us win back to back national titles!

• wpony714wpony714 Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't disagree with planning, etc, however the region was experiencing historically tragic weather so that didn't help. Plus, the concerts and other events are largely the result of CFP, the entity which has for 4 years now, banned tailgating prior to the game.

The players love SoFi, both college and pro. In decent weather, it's an amazing place to watch football. It is way better than a dilapidating Rose Bowl.

Next game out west should be at Allegiant although I'm sure the coaches might be a little leery about players being in Vegas before a game.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Texas and football just sound right together. SoCal? Not so much.

• Run_Lindsey_RunRun_Lindsey_Run Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Worth noting??? Hardly. Can you say coincidence? The Dawgs could have played in Saskatchewan this year and beat anybody. Go Dawgs.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After the Falcons' collapse in NRG Stadium, I'd love to see the Dawgs get some Georgia sports redemption on Kirby Drive!

• BackHomeBackHome Posts: 53 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

I got to visit with some friends and take a few folks around to the right spots. So Saturday and Sunday were fine. But if I had come to town just for the game and the playoff atmosphere? Nah. LA likes to act like it knows how to do things. That’s showbiz

Indy was freezing and LA was drenched, but I absolutely agree that the Indy setup was lightyears better. The fan thing being downtown so far from the event was dumb, but with SoFi being out by itself - if you don’t count Target and Sizzler, what else to do? There was a Mama’s Boy setup in the tailgate area. I thought, “well that’s kind of cool hometowny.” Then I learned the folks inside had no idea what it was and were just trying to get you to download their rental app for a soggy snack of some kind.

The kicker was my flight home got canceled 15 minutes before I dropped off the car. Luckily found a seat on a midnight bird out of Phoenix. A second rental car and one impromptu six hour road trip later, I managed to escape Los Angeles again!

somehow, I have even lower expectations for Houston. I’ll stay elsewhere.

• CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Oddly, I had expected Indy to be more fan-friendly, having their own pro team and all. We drove into the city 4 hours before the stadium opened at 6 and it took us 2 hours just to find a place that would let us hang around in the bar and wait for someone to leave. Then they told us their beers taps weren't working and we had a choice of 2 or 3 from the Big Swill labels. Other Restaurants were on 2-4 waits, were short-staffed and it looked like many restaurants were closed (COVID victims, perhaps?). After the game there was practically nothing still open, including a hotel bar, where hundrerds of people were waiting just to get into the elevators and probably would have spent any amount of money to get some drinks. Of course, it was late when we left after the award presentations, but I expected a town that hosts a pro team to have a better grip on how to host a sellout crowd and take our money.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I spent a lot of time working in Houston a few years ago. I like Houston over LA… by a long shot.

• Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of this surprises me. I had friends in LA asking me why I didn't come out. I could have stayed at a number of friends places, but had no desire to go back.