Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH: SEC Network star Paul Finebaum questions Stetson Bennett decisions, NFL future

SystemSystem Posts: 10,453 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageWATCH: SEC Network star Paul Finebaum questions Stetson Bennett decisions, NFL future

MOBILE, Ala. — Stetson Bennett’s recent off-field behavior and absence from the Senior Bowl came to a head on the SEC Network this week.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let the MG detractors slam him for writing this article in 1, 2, 3...

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see Stet going in the 3rd round. I think it will be in the 4th or 5th round at best. He's going to have to learn how to study hard, sit on the sidelines most if not all the games, and not be the center of attention. He may never be a starting QB again and might not even see any playing time for much of his pro career. And that chip on his shoulder has to disappear or he'll never make it in the pros. He's got to be humble and toe-the-line.

Can he do it? Dunno.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson WHO? Move on Mike.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

My big questions are why didn’t Nagy send Stetson an invitation to play in October when most invitations went out…..or why didn’t he (at the very least) send an invitation in December when Bennett was a Heisman finalist? If anyone needs to answer questions it’s not Bennett…..it’s Nagy. Looks to me like they were short QBs due to injuries and last minute cancellations so they decided to grace the Mailman with an invitation. BTW, Bennett would be 1 of 4 QBs on his team and likely would play 1 quarter at best. I doubt seriously he would have had an adequate chance to demonstrate his skills. That’s why the scouts have the NFL combines and hundreds of hours of game film to watch against the best teams and players in college football. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stetson will do exactly what he did at UGA.....he will assure NFL teams that he'll be the best backup QB he can be BUT, he will not stop trying to be the starter.......history is waiting....the Bears need SBIV to lead them to the Super Bowl!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stets has been in college six years and doesn’t have a bachelor’s degree. Just how studious is he going to be if he has got to keep his “head in the books” just to be a backup?

I love all of Georgia, but the fact is, growing up below the gnat line is a different world. It’s like being raised in Alabama or Mississippi.

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey MG, why didn't you contact Erik Ainge for a couple of hot takes? That would have brought this afterbirth to the level of your never-ending Stetson Bennett narrative.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like that friend **** stet over

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He said star and Finebaum in the same sentence! lol.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was talking to my sister long distance last night and she is a huge UGA fan and it was the first time we've talked since the NC game. I asked her what she thought about SB, and she just let out a long sigh. Lots of unanswered questions that somewhat surprisingly he hasn't even attempted to answer. Not a peep. If it was a simple mistake, then why no explanation?

She's a huge SB fan, she was sold on him before I was. But she questions his actions.

SB is as high profile name there is in the country. If he farts, people are going to kow it. THe good thing for him is that he wasn't slated to go in the 1st round. If he had been, his actions so far would no doubt have cost him potentially millions. "Awe, they ain't that bad!" Just a little drinking and bangin.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@BubbaBill

Look at Stetson Bennett's stats (before he went nuts statistically in the last 3 games of the season) height, arm strength and age and you will have your answer as to why he wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl. I have mentioned this a few times. The last guy to win back-to-back national titles, AJ McCarron, was a 5th round draft pick. He bounced around the NFL for 8 years and is now in the XFL. The last guy before him - I don't acknowledge the USC team that played no one in 2003 and in 2004 both avoided Auburn AND went on probation - was Tommie Frazier and he didn't get drafted at all.

The NFL doesn't care about college titles or even college success. Pat Mahomes was the #10 overall pick with a 13-16 college record. Jay Cutler was drafted even higher with an even worse record on a Vandy team that started going to bowl games after he left! They care about finding guys who have the athletic ability to make plays against NFL defenses. This is the way that it has always been, and it isn't going to change just because UGA is the team that is winning titles now.

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, cause he hasn't already wrote the same Stetson made a mistake, and is a poor NFL prospect type article repeatedly this week. Surprised MG would mention Finebaum after the way Finebaum called him out a few months ago.

Just cause you want to carry this hacks water doesn't mean we all do.

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So thadec, I still don’t understand your explanation (which is clearly malarkey) as to why Bennett wasn’t invited to play in the game until 10 days ago. In October when Nagy sent out most of the invitations Stetson had already been MVP in 2 playoff games. By midnight New Year’s Eve the mailman had won 4 MVPs, an SEC Championship, a national championship and 3 playoff games (all over a 12 month period) yet Mr Nagy still didn’t think Bennett was worthy of an invitation to the Senior Bowl. Only after the NC game and another (#5) MVP award did they finally grace the Mailman with an invitation. Personally, I would have rolled-up the invitation and mailed it back to Nagy with directions to insert carefully. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    CClayC88CClayC88 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BubbaBill

How does Stetson's jockstrap smell? Every incomplete pass/ INT is someone else's fault. Every bad game(20 something yards passing in the first against Auburn and GT) is the game plans fault. Every loss as a starter has some extenuating circumstance. What's the infatuation with a decent college QB with elite talent all around him?