Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett among the 12 Georgia football players invited to 2023 NFL Combine

SystemSystem Posts: 10,558 admin
edited February 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett among the 12 Georgia football players invited to 2023 NFL Combine

A year after having 15 players taken in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Bulldogs will likely be well-represented once again when it comes to the 2023 NFL Draft. At least based on those invited to the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not a peep out of SB? No interviews. No sightings? Radio silence.

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

Stetson, like said below, here's your chance. Go out and represent UGA young man and good luck. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

anyone know who, in addition these 12 are draft eligible?

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Question: Of those 12, who might not be drafted?

I'm hoping the Beal, Jackson and Podlesny get the call, but I think they're the guys on the bubble. And Stetson may have put himself on the bubble with his Texas adventure. Hopefully, they'll all have great combines, and the Dawgs will again provide double-digit draft picks!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2023

@CandlerPark

Beal and Podlesny aren't on the bubble. Jackson is though. The only draft-eligible Bulldog who wasn't invited was Warren Ericson.

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 228 ✭✭✭ Junior

"No worries, MG will speak for him……he’s good like that." - Eastmandawg

Another dig at MG from a mama's basement. Getting to be a thing...LOL.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

Robert Beal has decent size to be a 3-4 OLB or EDGE rusher but w/o over the top stats his draft position is highly dependent on his combine numbers (40, 3 cone, etc). W/o sterling #'s he looks like a 5th-6th rd guy.

Podlesny career to me resembles that of Rodrigo Blankenship who went undrafted. K's are rarely drafted high so Pod may be a late draft choice. He could surprise some teams but did seem to have some big game "yips" at times.

I never watch the combine but have watched some highlights. Watching SBIV throw at the combine may be worth tuning in for. IT WILL BE CRITICAL to SBIV that his accuracy be ON that day. His accuracy has always been inconsistent. IF his accuracy is not dialed in during that workout he is not likely to be drafted. That's where more throws during SR Bowl practices, in front of the GM's, could've really benefitted him.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2023

“Stetson Bennett among the 12 Georgia football players invited to 2023 NFL Combine”

Just curious…..why wouldn’t he be!?

Go Dawgs! Four time National Champs! (Two with Stet at the helm!)

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m on board with just about everything here except the jackpod (I’m not giving up on that nickname) comments. I like him as a kicker, but he was never what Rodrigo was. Blankenship was consistently dependable. Really, except for that one overtime kick against USCjr, I can’t think of a kick he missed. I know he missed some, but it was always a shock when he did. It got to a point where that wasn’t really the case with jp. To be clear, I’m not downing the guy, I’m just saying that a comparison between him and Blankenship is not a 1:1.

• Options
    edited February 2023

I think jackpod (there you go) was flirting with the all time (UGA? SEC? National?) successful kick % (career?) late into the season. That's pretty dependable.

HotRod (HotPod?) was pretty consistent but missed some important kicks too. If you are talking about the SC loss, he missed 2 (? maybe not) field goals, Fromm threw 3 int's (1 pick six) and UGA was -4 TO's that day.

Your comment made me curious so checked the career stats. HotRod 80/97 FG's 82.5%. No missed XP's. HotPod 61/74 82.4%. 2 missed XP's.

HotPod actually had a higher % success rate as a Sr than HotRod did. 83.9 to 81.8. Both solid kickers I had confidence in.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is Nolan Smith healed enough for full participation at the combine?

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jalen Hurts; drafted in 2nd round, 65.1% completion rate,9.1 Y/A, 80 TD.s, 21 INT., 162.6 rating

Bryce Young: projected 1st round, 65.8% completion rate, 9.9 Y/A, 80 TD's, 12 INT.,165.0 rating

Stetson Bennet, projected?, 65.0% rate, 9.1 Y/A, 66TD's, 21 INT, 160.7 rating, 4MVP in big games and 2 time NC winning QB. And he never had the plethora of talent to throw to that those other QB's had in the way of 1st round WR's. Hum.

• Options
    edited February 2023

I don't think we watched the same games. Let's go to the video tape.

'21 Vs Mich. BB's 1stQ circus catch down the sideline. May be his best catch so far at UGA.

'21 CFBCG(?) KMcIntosh with the juggling circus catch for an important 1st down. And 50/50 TD catch that AD outfought the AL DB. GPickens lays out completely horizontal for a finger tip catch. The best circus catch of the yr in CFB. 47(?) yards.

'22 SECCG MRJ with the lunging circus catch on a ball thrown way behind him for an early important 1st down.

'22 Peach Bowl. "screen" (lateral) to LMcC thrown at his feet 5 yards away. Or short armed INT to wide open KMcIntosh on wheel route. How about wide open ASmith having to almost stop and wait (and fair catch?) the bomb from SBIV after the OSU DB fell down.

'22 CFBCG BB's outfights TCU LB for 50/50 TD. Or AD outfights TCU DB for 50/50 ball TD. BB's wheel route ball thrown behind him had to stop to contested catch. Tackled. DWash down the middle, wide open, ball thrown behind him, slows, pirouettes and catches but tackled.

How about the BB's juggling running TD catch against FU on an underthrown 50/50 ball? Remember that short TD catch wide open BB's made on his shoe tops. Would've been incomplete had they NOT cut the grass that morning. BB's circus catch TD vs SC barely got 1 foot down on 50/50 ball DB draped all over him.

And those are just off the top of my head. SBIV had A LOT of help. If he fails at the next level it will be because of inconsistent accuracy.