Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia fans shouldn’t be surprised by Bear Alexander transfer, or whatever comes next

SystemSystem Posts: 10,485 admin
edited April 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia fans shouldn’t be surprised by Bear Alexander transfer, or whatever comes next

ATHENS — Anyone “shocked” to hear the news on Saturday that Georgia defensive tackle Bear Alexander has entered the transfer portal has not been paying attention.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gotta be something going on that we don’t know about. He would have played as much as any D-lineman this coming season. Therefore, it ain’t about playing time.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well…..

that sux

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, it’s true, there have been many to leave before Bear and there will be more afterwords. However, I agree with many of my Dawg brethren this transfer, on the surface, just doesn’t make sense. Where will he go to find better coaching, a better fan base to play in front of and a culture of “iron sharpens iron” that would only make him more draft eligible when his time comes. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CDDawgsCDDawgs Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2023

There is a huge difference in a player leaving for more playing time or a more competitive environment, or to play on a winning team, or for better coaching, etc vs one leaving due to tampering and more NIL money. Even your Vol orange glasses should allow you to see the obvious. Or maybe not.

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Maybe the bulldawg effort isn’t worth the effort. Not saying this is THE reason but we have seen it before. To be elite takes an extreme amount of dedication and determination. Throw on top of that a college educational load and it’s tough.

sure NIL can make a difference but so can grit.

• Options
    SloanDawgSloanDawg Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not surprised we're losing a DT. I just didn't think it would be a first-team or second-team DT.

It does make sense because Alexander had shown himself to be less than fully committed to UGA. Maybe, he'll get a better NIL deal somehow (though I don't see how he could do better than Georgia anywhere else).

This hurts a bit, in my opinion. We don't we have a proven difference disrupter on the inside DL. But we do have high quality depth. We'll still have quality depth without the Bear, but a little bit less of it.

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well if it wasn’t a surprise, should have been something reported on instead of half the articles on this site! Separates the true insiders from the pretenders

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My guess would be TX with the money available and not being SEC...also his home state.

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This morning, I listened to radio interview with Tech's coach. Interviewer asked him about what he's seen on Faulkner. He said he expected and had seen the guy fully up to speed, which he expected since he was from Ge-where came from. Funny stuff. Coach also highlighted getting Seither. Good for Brett!

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2023

Hey @E_Roc

Meet @MikeGriffith !!

Wishy washy? That is putting it lightly!

I agree with your entire post in response to this typical, non-sensical and narrative-pushing one-sided article.

Par for the course with Mike G.

Whether it was playing time, going for more cheddar, whatever it was; Alexander is not a true Dawg, will never be a DGD, and that is all that really needs to be said.

Oh, and what’s with the pot shot at we Dawg fans that pay your bills?

”Haven't been paying attention?” I personally know, having met you and seen you in Athens on several occasions, that many Dawg fans I hang with as well as myself are more familiar with Dawg football, both the micro and macro knowledge of the football team, than you could ever dream of.

But that shot you took shouldn’t surprise anyone that has read your material over the last half-decade.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. I to am surprised and yes some what shocked. I thought he was considered an up and coming player, even one could say a rising star.

I wish him the best. But to echo other Dawgs fans, I want guys that are Truly glad to be at UGA, and will give their all for Team and Self.

Dawgs are Realistically looking to 3peat. I can’t understand why a Good player would want to go else where to try to become a Great player.

There are still quite a few guys with tons of potential, they just need to surge and distinguish themselves.

Losing players whether to the NFL, the TP, or injuries is all part of the equation, Great Coaches and Teams rise up and defeat those challenges.

Our Dawgs ARE a Great team coached by Great Coaches. They’ll find ways to succeed. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The timing is interesting as right before the Spring Game and WAY too late to have eligibility to play elsewhere this year. I have to assume he was not going to be a starter. Either way, "so be it" - we will focus our attention for those DGDs that are willing to fight hard for us.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Several transfers to Nebraska of all places....good grief. Gotta be pretty hard up to want to play in Nebraska.

• Options
    JBMDawg46JBMDawg46 Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Transferring to the best team in the nation…makes sense. Transferring away from the best team…might make sense if you’re way down on the depth chart and never going to play much, if at all. Transferring away from the best team if you are in the regular defensive rotation…**** and shortsighted. Of course, I made some pretty dumb decisions when I was 19 years old, but they usually involved women.