Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Bad Form, Kasey

CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited April 2023 in Off Topic

Resurrecting a closed thread from over a year ago to get in a personal dig without opening it to further comment is the very definition of abuse of power. Even though you aren't an alumnus, you can still be better than that in your role as Moderator.

Comments

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
  • Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    OldSchoolPupOldSchoolPup Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the first time I've acknowledged him since that thread originally but I've received at least three DMs from him (all unanswered), he has mentioned me in comments (always in that same fashion) a few times including @ me in a thread I never commented in, he's voted me down while deleting my vote down of him (which I stopped because he messaged about deleting it. Started because I wanted to vote down just one post of his I didn't like. So I tried voting down others to test and he deleted those too)

It's been what, 15 months? And he still won't drop it that I don't agree with bumping posts like he does. I haven't said anything to him since then. I'm fine continuing to ignore him and his jabs but he's unable to drop our encounter, that he initiated, 15 months ago.

Obviously since the timing of my comment Stetson has been pretty much perfect. He turned it on right after a commented and hasn't turned it off. That's amazing. But instead of celebrating that Kasey would rather be himself. Notice in that thread I was the only one bumped? I know he did another thread, and I get I'm the minority voice in not enjoying negative bumps, obviously plenty on here enjoy it. Which is why I've said absolutely nothing since. Outside of that 15 months ago I think I've been a decent poster, but if Kasey disagrees he can just ban me.

• Options

Ok tfk fanboy let me break this down for you, because clearly you’re still upset 15 months later.

You weren’t the only one I bumped a silly overreaction post to that day. Did multiple in fact. Most laughed it off in the aftermath of the first championship victory in 41 years. Not you for some reason. Instead you chose to call me names and get all butt hurt about it to the point of petulism.

Yesterday a few posters joked about me bumping old takes exposed type things with Stetson. Yours came to mind. So I did. No harm was intended.

I’ve tried to bury the hatchet with you but you seem uninterested. Why? I don’t know. I guess you prefer holding on to a grudge. Don’t let me stop you.

you’ve already begged us (literally) to ban you before, but if you want us to again…that’s up to you. I have no problem with you like you do with me.

• Options

I wasn’t going to address this, but since another poster made mention of it, I’ll talk about it.

1. don’t call me out like this publicly. I don’t respond well. If you have an issue, send me a message.
    2. also, don’t lecture me on how to be a moderator. I’m not getting paid to do this. It’s supposed to be fun, and most of the time it is. If you have an issue with something I’m doing speak to me like a man, don’t try to shame me out in the open.
    3. this thread is now open so if what I’ve done is so offensive to you and your sensibilities, you can now fee free to comment on the thread itself.

if this is another hacked post, please disregard.

• Options
    OldSchoolPupOldSchoolPup Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've ignored you. I'm good. You have not ignored me, and not just in the bumps. As I mentioned, the bumps aren't my thing but I've completely ignored since then. I said nothing about last night's bump or locking the thread.

You can't keep me off of your mind, not the other way around.

• Options
    JdawgfanJdawgfan Posts: 173 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

get a room guys

• Options
  • Options

Also, I bumped one of my own last night. No one caught that one right?

• Options

Appreciate that. It’s all in good fun and I don’t know why some here get so sensitive about it. Must be from a younger generation and can’t handle a little teasing. I thought me bumping one of my one might mitigate any hurt feelings, but I guess not.

My biggest pet peeve is lecturing me on the board when a message will work better. I’ve said it multiple times, but no one remembers.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will just stand by my thread. I would have enjoyed see the thread reopened and read how people recounted the past, but you didn't allow it and used it to **** your own ego instead. Moderate on as you please.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

There is a thread if anyone has questions regarding Moderation of the forums, threads, post, technical issues etc.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/17045/ask-a-mod/p1

No need to post complaints etc. in the Football Category.

• Options

And I will stand by if you have a problem next time send me a message instead of trying to publicly shame me. Rather than ask about it, you just made an assumption about the issue and me without speaking to me first as sort of a “gotcha.”

Post on as you please.