Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA brand in film, TV, books etc.

TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought this would be a fun off-season thread. Where have you seen the Bulldog brand pop up in popular culture? Here’s some I’ve seen:

1. On the CBS TV legal drama “Bull,” attorney Chunk Palmer’s character is a former UGA defensive lineman.
  2. In the kids movie “Lyle the Crocodile” there’s a scene where the family dresses up like Fla Gator fans as a “cover” for their pet crocodile. As they go out in New York City, a cab full of UGA fans rides by and starts barking at the FL fans!
  3. On the 1980s Miami Vice series, Sonny Crockett kept a pet alligator on his sailboat, and sometimes referred to his SEC football playing days when he faced off against Georgia.

I know there are UGA fans and grads all over the place, so where else have you spotted our Bulldog brand?

Comments

• swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This isn't exactly what you were asking.

But there was a British detective show called "A Touch of Frost". Great show.

One episode the bad guy is wearing a Braves cap. I doubt the British audience knew what it was but I sure did.

• volatilisvolatilis Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw a clip on Twitter of an actor on General Hospital saying his favorite team was Georgia Bulldogs.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quavo reps UGA a lot too

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Ludacris played a concert at a spring game one time.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was there….just crazy!

Especially if you remember all the “perks” he got for performing!

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

And we’ve got to mention the Godfather of Soul James Brown singing “Dooleys Junkyard Dawgs”

”We’re BIG! We’re little! We’re…” (we’re what?!)

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mark Richt played himself in a Christian film about football called facing the giants