Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star QB Dylan Raiola commits to play for Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited May 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star QB Dylan Raiola commits to play for Georgia football

5-star QB Dylan Raiola has committed to UGA. The nation’s No. 1 overall prospect is pretty ‘Dawg-gone good. That’s the intro. Read on below.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2023

Oh, yeah! Welcome to the Dawg family, Dylan! We've got some championships to win! Let's freakin' go!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    TenzaiTenzai Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

"Raiola now becomes the sixth commitment with a 5-star ranking to commit to UGA in the seven seasons that Kirby Smart had led the Georgia program."

I'm pretty sure Georgia has had more than six 5-star commitments in the seven seasons that Kirby has led the program. Unless, I misinterpreted that statement somehow and it means something else.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, awesome! Welcome!

Smart has done perfectly the timing such that Vandagriff and Stockton have had a lot of breathing room to show confidence and give them a shot to be great. Now, we have that next piece to be learning and growing maybe to even be a late '24 season competitor.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yessss!

This is the one that I wanted/we needed the most.....makes the Arch M. situation more palatable now...if he was here, Dylan might not have come..

Going to be a great few years!

"If you build it they will come!"

Great Job to Coach Kirby and his staff! and special thanks to Matt Stafford and Coach Bobo!!

• Options
    StiffneckStiffneck Posts: 82 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wonder which QB leaves in the not so distant future.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

With this signing and us being on top of the mountain hopefully the top receivers in the nation will also be looking at us. We're starting to feel like Alabama when they were always on top and everyone felt like they were chasing them. Lot of people don't realize Saban was 52 before he won his first National Championship and Kirby is only 47 has played in 3 and won 2. Raiola is a big statement for the program. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm soooo happy! It's great to be a Georgia Bulldog!

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Whoa! Before you all run out and buy your Natty tickets remember that JT Daniels was a 5 star that got beat out by Stet the Jet, then transferred to 'take me home WVU' and lost his job there and is now at 'RICE'! Brock Vandagriff was a former 5 star that has yet to break the starting lineup! CKS is glad to have the commitment but I'm pretty sure he hasn't name Raiola as the 2024 starter! He has great size and strengths but his Soph/Junior numbers don't blow you away! Go DAWGS!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Raiola's game is that much like Mahomes', we'll continue to reign as TE University for quite a while.

It'll be even more interesting to see how WR recruits respond to his decision. McLendon still has us in the running for three of the top five '24 WRs.

This may boost all of our offensive recruitment to whole 'nother level.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vandagriff and Stockton will lead the DAWGS in 24, Stockton, Puglisi, and Raiola will battle it out to lead in 25, and in 26 Puglisi and Raiola ...It's not about who starts or who is QB 1, as a UGA DAWG you've accepted surrendering self for TEAM, You've demonstrated through practice, and limited game snaps that you would start on any other team in college football, You are ready when fate calls your number and you will be the next man up and all of these individuals the stick it out will be DGD's and first round draft picks.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am shaking my head because of the Arch Manning type hype around this kid. Ewers at Texas is no slouch. It is not going to be easy for a QB to play at Georgia before his junior year. It's just too much high level QB talent already in the program for a 5-Star QB fresh out of high school to beat out.

• Options
    Chriserwin26Chriserwin26 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Beck in 2023, Vandergriff in 2024, Stockton in 2025 & 2026 with a Raiola understudy, Raiola in 2027 & 2028, SWEET!!!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now that's professionalism... love your articles, Jeff, and appreciate the huge amount of detail here on Raiola's background and recruitment cycle. I'll admit I was pushing for Manning back when that was still in play, but I sense five years down the road, if we compare their careers, Raiola has a decent shot of being the better of the two 🤔

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Congrats to your better half on a great career milestone! Good to have some Dawg fans up there to even things out 🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“It is awesome to see,” Dominic Raiola said back in March after their last UGA visit. “I will tell you what, the same thing that makes that place great is the same thing they don’t talk about. They don’t talk about how great they are. They practice like they are starving.”

“Every single coach is coaching like he’s starving. Like these aren’t the back-to-back champs. It is fun to see.”

Love that quote from the article! Love this coaching staff! Having several DGD on staff, makes it even sweeter! No better place to prepare yourself for the next level, than the University of Georgia!

GO DAWGS!