Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: Massive 3-star North Carolina DL Nnamdi Ogboko commits to Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 11,083 admin
edited June 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Massive 3-star North Carolina DL Nnamdi Ogboko commits to Georgia football

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-stat NG Nnamdi Ogboko. He ranks as the nation’s No. 104 DL and the No. 1106 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. The On3 Industry Ranking has him as the nation’s No. 100 DL and the No. 1055 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Nightmare!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dudes jacked at that weight! WOW!

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 268 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JeffSentell How does his commitment affect Joseph Jonah-Ajonye and Justin Williams?

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting that we're filling up slots with so many 3-star guys. We now have 21 commitments for the 2024 class. I count 12 players in the On3 300 for whom we're given at least a 20 percent chance of signing. If we pick up a good number of those 4-stars and 5-stars, will we have enough scholarships for all of them?

While we're all waiting to see headlines about the KJ Boldens and Ryan Wingos, Kirby's has signed up seven 3-star guys for 2024. Compare that to only three 3-stars coming in for 2023. Although nine signed up for 2022, Thorson was the only one who had committed at this stage in the cycle!

I'm not doubting the staff's planning. Kirby obviously can do the math, and the coaches have proven time and again that they know how to scout diamonds in the rough. You don't even have to go back to Ladd or Jordan Davis: Two of those 2022 3-stars (Thorson and Bell) were big contributors in their freshman year; three or four more look like they will be soon. (On the other hand, the higher rated guys generally have higher upsides and succeed in greater proportions.)

But I am curious about the strategy, however. Are we expecting not to win most of those battles for the dozen top 300 players? Are we taking it as a given that some of the highly rated guys are going to back out because their positions are too crowded to know that they'll get playing time? Are we expecting room for a ginormous class in 2024? Have our coaches ID'd an unusual number of 3-star guys who they see has hidden prospects?

@JeffSentell does a great job telling us about the individual players and their stories. I'd love for him to do some reporting on what's really going on?

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stars are nothing more than HS fluff....in case some are not paying attention....our coaching staff excels at identifying natural talent, mental maturity, and competitive desire to do what it takes to win every snap, every procession, and every game and then win every practice.....who me......concerned?????? ****, the young man goes by the moniker "The Nigerian Nightmare"!

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

At first glance completely understand your questions, but Kirby has gone on record over the last year apeaking about those intangibles that are not in the star rankings that they are looking for that can’t be rated. Specifically having that Dawg mentality of hating to lose so badly. Kirby & Co have proven time and time again that they got this so In Kirby I Trust!

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jordan Davis was a 3* from North Carolina. Things worked out pretty well for him. Just sayin’.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sure Kirby knows X amount will be leaving annually based on history. Even if he might not know who. My sense is you identify who you want and then you take 'em all. Then work it out later!

Oversigning will likely be the norm unless all of the transferring slows down a lot.

September 2024 is a LONG ways away. So plenty of time to work it all out.

I do believe we are over the limit now and have to do the same thing and work it out before this September.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Welcome Aboard!

• BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After watching the video of him and seeing his workout with his feet work I am very very happy about this young man. What's great to me about this is I have worked with many Nigerians over the years and they are some of the most intelligent hard-working groups of people in this country. I have never run into one who wasn't optimistic, joyful and hard working.

I know that may sound crazy but they are a group of people that exemplify what the best things are about this country.

Super proud to get this young man and think he and JJ are going to clog up the middle for the next 4 years. No one will be runnin on us. Just wait til he gets a couple years in the strength and conditioning program! Holy smokes. Baby Hulk ought to be his nickname.

• 87Dawg_1187Dawg_11 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

The star ratings are placed by services not the coaching staff. The coaching staff believe this kid can develop into a dominant player or they wouldn't have offered him a scholarship. As fans, we get caught up in the rating which is placed by a service that doesn't even coach or coach against these kids. Some of the best Dawgs in the past few years were "3 star" players, Stetson Bennett, Ladd McConky, Jordan Davis, AD Mitchell. I understand high school kids that dominate at whatever level they play and attend camps get high ratings, but that doesn't mean they'll dominate at the next level or that they haven't topped out physically in high school. I'll take the 6'4" 340 lb dlineman with a 3.9 GPA who has a chance to develop with this coaching staff.