Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Elite in-state 2026 QB Julian “Ju Ju” Lewis commits to Lincoln Riley at USC

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited August 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Elite in-state 2026 QB Julian “Ju Ju” Lewis commits to Lincoln Riley at USC

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 2026 future 5-star QB Julian “Ju Ju” Lewis of Carrollton High School.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck will get his shot at a natty this year. Brock next year. Gunner the year after that. Raiola in 26 and 27. So much can happen between now and then, and our QB stable is just fine as far as the eye can see... so let's get back down to business and focus on September 2. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

After following recruiting for a decade and the way the portal is, what does a commitment really matter? Didn't all the kids line up to play for TxA&M a few years ago? All time great class, but how many are left? Every class says the same thing, we all go to this one school, win 3 straight nattys, then declare. So far, only 1 class has even come close, UGA's 2021.

Also, I don't know this young man from Adam, but generally I'll grain-of-salt whatever a HS sophomore says regarding where they'll be in 3 years. That being said, I hope they all come to UGA! Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. 2026 is a long ways off. Coach Smart has got this.

I cannot wait. College football just days away boyz....

• Options
    SR_JRSR_JR Posts: 45 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why is it that this is Dawgnation.com but they consistently put up articles of things not pertaining to GA football. If a recruit commits to somewhere else I don't want to come on here and see "BREAKING NEWS of a recruit committing somewhereelse". Put that time and effort into the recruits that committed to the G and want to play for the G.

• Options
    cbp1947cbp1947 Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    edited August 2023

It is very very odd. It's almost as though this site serves as some kind of 'State of Georgia Football' site and not a site for the Georgia Bulldogs.

I think you are on to something. It's like when KJ Bolden had committed to FSU they still came out with another 2 articles...like rubbing salt in the wound of every Bulldog fan.

Maybe that is their click strategy to bring Non-Georgia fans to a Georgia site? It's all about the clicks. Surprised we don't see more articles about Alabama on here.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't want any kid named Ju Ju.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Dawgnation is trying to be more than just basic UGA team information for the casual CFB fan. Serious CFB and UGA fans want and enjoy more CFB content. I personally also go to Saturday Down South to read about what all the SEC teams (UGA's competition) are up to.

It is better to have it here and pass on reading it than not have it here and want to read it. In the case of Lewis , he is still a very viable UGA commit for '26.

• Options

Is that your dream scenario or do really think that can happen? There are people (including me) that think Beck (all CFB QB's) needs 2 seasons of starting to reach his potential and maximize his draft position. That could mean Beck comes back in '24. What do BVG and GS do IF Beck comes back?

IF Beck does not come back BVG and GS battle it out to start in '24. Does the winner need 2 starting seasons (like Beck) before going to the NFL? Does the loser i.e. QB2 stick around to compete with Raiola ? Does Raiola wait until his 3rd season to start for UGA?

There is a reason CKS is taking 2 QB's in this class. Someone is likely to be a TP casualty.

• Options
    Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN aired a game last Friday with this kid playing. The hype is real. Lewis is only a sophomore and already extremely good. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is the #1 recruit in the country in 26. He likely stays with USC, but who knows? 3 years is a long time.

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

I do not understand why everything thinks Lincoln Riley is some sort of Obi 1 Knob. He is not. How many national championships has he won? How did he do in the Rose Bowl with a Heisman trophy winner? How did USC do last year with another Heisman? Riley is a silver tongued recruiter but I don't see a lot of developing of these five stars he signs. Riley is just another Lane Kiffin constantly parlaying a little success into more money by moving before the house falls in. It's a real shame that this kid chose to abandon his great state of Georgia whose flagship university has the best football program in the country.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Recruiting is a major topic for UGA football, yes? This kid was a big want by the UGA staff. He is likely headed for the #1 spot in the class of 2026 and UGA isn't going to give up on recruiting him.

Jeff puts up tons of articles about the kids who have committed. But this story is a long way from being over.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 656 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you UGADad20. A lot of what happens beyond the hedges affects between the hedges. And Lewis does seem exceptional at this stage.

Still, you gotta admit that highlighting as "breaking news" the decision of a player who won't graduate until 2026 and who never really was expected to go to UGA is at least partly about the writers jumping on any news they can find in the lull before opening day. Perfectly timed for Connor to rattle out a story while nothing else was happening.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3 years is quite a while. And, California is a long ways from home, I've seen several recruits return home because they're homesick..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

LOL commits to USC as a in coming sophomore. That's like taking a girl to the prom and the next week the head prettiest cheerleader is hitting on you. 15 year old boys don't know anything about commitment. Besides we live in FLIP city.

• Options

Will the world even exist in 2026? Who knows. Too far out to worry about a Sophomore in high school. Maybe find out what the kid's favorite video game or candy snack is and send him that. Geesh...

• Options
    DoggoneDoggone Posts: 101 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lot can happen between now and 26. And there is plenty of talent out there. Probably don't need a QB every single year. Nice if it does happen.

• Options

I hear ya. Things are slow and we are all chomping at the bit for CFB. Dawgnation writers need to publish content.

But JS is THE Dawgnation "recruiting" reporter. Lewis is the top player in GA and headed towards #1 overall. He is a UGA target and he committed. Today. I think it warrants a story. So this seems more like UGA relevant and less like click bait. JS's stories are always thorough "everything you want to know" about a prospect stories.

We may not need any more stories on the top players from GA based on how recruiting is evolving and the lack of success UGA has had gaining commits from the state. Recruiting (GA elites/elites) is less about winning and development and more about NIL and brand building. What better place to do that for a hotshot QB than LA and USC? Just ask Caleb Williams.