Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

As college football season begins, national media doesn’t believe Georgia football will 3-peat

2»

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nobody knows. Beck may not even be QB come end of season.

Its time to beat Bama in the SEC championship btw and check that box!

But if not, a loss is usually the very best medicine before the playoffs. Possibly the SEC championship game even. But i'd rather not that be the case.

Better defense than last year will go a LOOOONG way to 3-peating! As well as the receivers!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would give the Dawgs a better chance of threepeating than Michigan winning the national championship.

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Stet isn’t good enough the last 2 years and now we can’t win without him? Which one is it? I’m confused.

Talking season is over folks.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...that bit of irony hasn't been lost, on me. Stet has been balling out in LA. None of the other 1st round, "can't miss" QB's have done any more than he has.

Richardson wound up, about where I figured. He's a splash player for the Fans...and, that's about it. If you can't pass the football accurately by the time you finish your 3rd year in College...you probably never will. It's a talent that isn't acquired. You either have it...or, you don't. If you "have it"...practice makes perfect. IMO.

The Colts front office is finding that out, right now. He passed for only, slightly more yards than he rushed for, Thursday night. Something like [6-17/68 yds passing, 34 yds rushing for a total 102 yds offense.]...and, He's been "named" as their "Starter" for the season. Lol...they're stuck. That's what they get, for passing on Bennett and Carter.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think you are on to something. The west will beat each other up. May be a 2 loss team that represents the west. Doubtful if any team in the west goes undefeated but if they do they will be a handful.

Not worried about the national media. They are our you know whats...we pull in the 4th or 5th best tv ratings consistently so they need us more than we need them.

The Dawgs are loved nationwide...except in Gainesville...

This is going to be a fun season and whether we win it all or not we are still kicking Floriduh's rear ends.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent point.

It doesn't matter how weak or strong the schedule looks going into the season. Strength of schedule can only be ascertained looking back on it after the season's over.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BigDawg, I was a bit nervous reading your post.....initially, I thought you were "spilling the beans" but hay, You know, it's no secret to THE Dawgs/Kirby's success, it's exactly as you described. I would add that the BIG difference between Kirby and Saban is staff retention and staff quality and quantity. UGA has the best coaching staff in D_! FOOTBALL! I'd also add The Kirby Culture....recruit winners that are willing to sacrifice self for TEAM and realize that TEAM wins always trump individual stats/wins. This year we will see TEAM wins translate into a wealth of individual stats/wins.

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2023

Greek, love your posts. Keep 'em coming. Very excited about this team. Everything I have heard about the defense is lights out. Best secondary we've ever had. Best linebacking corps we've ever had. Most senior and motivated dline we've ever had. We also have some young Dawgs on the dline that should grow up fast by mid to late season when we need them.

There are very few people I listen closely to but when CJD said we would have to give away the game (translation = play really bad with multiple turnovers) to lose with this team. The second inside source I heard who has been involved with Georgia Athletics for over 50 years said, "This is the best Kirby Smart Team yet and maybe the best I've ever seen." Now think about those 2 sources. Football guys know football and this team is built to win. Expect it. Better Never Rests!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah. I have the Dawgs going 7-5...

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think I see where you're coming from Olddawg.......7 opponent beat downs and 5 opponent forfeits!