Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football-UT Martin: Live updates, score, analysis, injury news for Week 1 game

13»

Comments

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Retired_Army_GruntRetired_Army_Grunt Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Here I am again...many years later...cussing Bobo's play calling and time mismanagement once again...sigh...

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 205 ✭✭✭ Junior

Where's the creativity on the play calling. I understand trying to be conservative on the play calling but how about having some fun at times. I could be spoiled but the offense ain't looking good. Let Carson sling it! Go Dawgs.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 441 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He has been dealing with a back injury but he practiced on Saturday and Smart expects him to be ready to go.

hmmm 🤔

This is ridiculous. That was not even close to a first down.

This play calling is TERRIBLE.

MIKE BOBO should have NEVER been considered for coming back after what he did under the Richt regime.

This is bad, bad, bad. And I am not going to listen to any excuses. This team looks terrible and lazy on offense.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby was mad at Delp moving on the 4th and 1. Like they were going to go for it. Doubtful.

This entire team looks like they are just going thru the motions; no passion; no fun; nothing.

And we all know that falls on coaches.

edited September 2023

I agree 100% with an earlier poster: this IS an embarrassing display of a 2-time defending champion in the opening home game in Athens.

I do not have sky high expectations for this team because it is week 1 with a new QB, but this? Pretty sorry.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 432 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Listening to Aaron Murray and this other clown is painful. Reminds me of the old Jeffferson Pilot games. Kirby has all the material he needs to prove his point now. This isn't a top 10 team.

No, Aaron Murray, that was ALOT of **** on offense in the first half.

No reason to sugar coat it.

Isnt it Coach Smart who states all the time that our Dawgs are held to a higher standard? That his Dawgs are to be the HUNTERS, not the HUNTED?

There was NO hunting going on in the first half. NONE.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2023

UGA gave up more yards than UT and Ole Miss. And UT actually played a power 5 team.

I know it really doesn't matter. Trying not to put to much on tape but, I was just unimpressed with the attack mentality they lacked.

But will say this, I like what Gunner showed. And that throw by Vandergriff was just too sweet.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby will spin this somehow...injuries, young players, poor OL..poor. He is going to let then know how he feels...for sure. I am talking mainly first half. Gotta get healthy! Should have won by a whole lot more. Did not cover the spread.....I do not believe. Inside the red zone...same old Bobo. UGA has a ton of work to do to be competitive. I liked Brock Vandagriff's performance. Big strong kid. Good arm and can leave the pocket.