Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Who to hire? There's an old basketball saying (that I just thought up)...

Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"When in doubt pick the one who's name ends in a vowel". We've tried every thing else here at Georgia. Why not just simply pick an Italian-American Head Coach like a Izzo, Calipari, Valvano, Vitale, Massimino, Auriemma or do I dare say a Pitino. It works almost 100% of the time. Just hire'em and turn'em loose. We may need to kinda look the other way every once in a while but that's OK. So I checked out the name Matta and to my delight I discovered that It is indeed not only an Italian name but a Southern Italian name. A Double Whammy!! In other words: HIRE HIM.
PS- I was a little concerned that the name Jirsa would destroy my theory till I found out that Jirsa is Greek.

Comments

• Options
    SIlverCreekDawgSIlverCreekDawg Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

You're gonna get your wish as Matta should be named the new coach by Friday.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Red_N_Black said:
    "When in doubt pick the one who's name ends in a vowel". We've tried every thing else here at Georgia. Why not just simply pick an Italian-American Head Coach like a Izzo, Calipari, Valvano, Vitale, Massimino, Auriemma or do I dare say a Pitino. It works almost 100% of the time. Just hire'em and turn'em loose. We may need to kinda look the other way every once in a while but that's OK. So I checked out the name Matta and to my delight I discovered that It is indeed not only an Italian name but a Southern Italian name. A Double Whammy!! In other words: HIRE HIM.
    PS- I was a little concerned that the name Jirsa would destroy my theory till I found out that Jirsa is Greek.

Being half Italian I often wondered what it was about I-A coaches that made so many of them successful. I ended up attributing it to their being able to deal so well with people - as a group we love relating to people. Of course, this theory ignores all the I-A coaches who aren't successful and don't like relating to people. But it's food (usually pasta) for thought. Nothing quite like a large family dinner (holidays and Thanksgiving) based around some pasta dish or other. Gnocci were my favorites.