Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tim Tebow makes plea to Heisman Trophy voters on behalf of Brock Bowers

Comments

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Navydawg, so sorry to hear this.

While I'm guessing most of the posters on here don't know you personally, I'm sure that, to many like myself, it's like we DO know you from all of your DN posts... always fact-based, gracious, and full of football knowledge... therefore, much appreciated 😁

So sorry you're having to go through all this, and wish you the very best in a tough time. If things get super rough, it would be good to understand how some of us DN posters can help.

Keep the faith and hang in there!

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our prayers will include your complete recovery navydawg. I can totally relate to the orthopedic ailments connected to a life of sports. Best on the cancer related...seems all the chemicals we've been exposed to is catching up on our generation. Love you Brother......no apologies for off topic.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May God, the Father, Bless you and keep you from harm. Go easy, man.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow !!! I’m just over whelmed by the Compassion, Love, and Support from my fellow Dawgs fans here !! Y’all ARE the greatest !! I count myself as being So blessed and So honored and privileged to have your friendship. I assure Y’all I treasure it deeply.

Your friendship is MY greatest trophy !! Because it’s a trophy of that compassion, love, and support Yall have bestowed on me !! If Anyone here at Any time, Ever, is in need of prayer all you need do is let me know.

I Love Yall and I’m very proud to be associated to Yall. May God Bless and Protect you each and every one and your families and loved ones.

God Bless America the land of Freedom and great college football !! And God Bless the Georgia Bulldogs !! As for me I’m gonna be just fine, cause I Know I’m in His Mighty Hands !! I was just kinda depressed when I posted my original comment. But Yall have lifted my spirit in a wonderful way !! I Thank Yall with All my heart !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

navydawg, know prayers are with you Brother Dawg....

• Options

Thank you So much Bro. !! And Thanks Again to All my Great friends here for your prayers and kindness !! I’m very blessed !!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heartfelt wishes for swift recovery. Cancer is a nastier adversary than even the Florida Gators, but I love your attitude!

• Options
    paleodawgpaleodawg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Navydog....as someone who has had both her hips replaced in the last 3 years (1 in 2021 and 1 in 2022), let me tell you: do not worry about a hip replacement. They are easy peasy, lemon squeezy. My first hip replacement was done outpatient, not a single night out of my bed. My 2nd one was an overnight stay in the hospital (different doctors, different protocols). I was up and walking with a walker the next day for both of them; back working remotely a week later. The 2nd one was done 10 weeks before my wedding, and I walked in heels without difficulty.

My point: you have enough to stress about: don't stress about hip replacements! Best wishes for a speedy and fully recovery.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Praying for you Navy! Turns out we're the same age! You got this! Just need to Hunker-Down!

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

navydawg, one things for sure.....gettin old ain't for sissies, BUT age brings some comforting realizations....at least to me and apparently for you too....NO MATTER WHAT COMES, if we turn it over to our FATHER in Heaven we are in the BEST place we can be because what ever happens it's GODS WILL.....my wife recently experienced a brush with death....we were in the emergency room and when see came too she asked how she was....I told her, The GOOD news is that you've got a place in eternity with our FATHER, The BAD news is that you ain't goin any time soon! navydawg, you will be in our prayers, GOD will give you the strength to get through every challenge.....The other GOOD NEWS is that you're a DAWG for eternity!

• Options
    edited October 2023

Well said. Looks like most of us are about the same age and on on our last couple of laps, Lol. I'd like to put this out there...

The first one of us to go to "The Upper Room....😇"....give the Dawgs a hand, on the Basketball Court, and maybe influence the bounce and trajectory of the football, occasionally.

If you go in the other direction...possess Uga's body, and bite some Gators and War Eagles on the arse. Lol

• Options

Thanks to all my fellow Dawgs fans here I’m feeling much, much better about this hip and knee deal !! What I want to know is how did I wake up well on my way to 67 yrs old ?? I was 18 just yesterday !!! 😂 Sometimes it does Seem that way !! But seriously and realistically I’m SO Blessed !! Like I said earlier there are countless people who are By Far worse off than me. My prayers go out to them. And my prayers of Thanks go out to All my Friends like Yall !! Go Dawgs !!!

• Options

Amen, Brother. Lol...I'm fortunate enough, to have an eidetic and photographic memory. I can remember certain people, events and conversations from as far back as <2 years old. Lol...that can be a blessing...and, a curse.

Point is...comparing today, to the '60's, 70's & 80's....today is crapola. Lol...we've been headed in the "wrong direction", as a society, too long. It may be too late, to do anything about the situation we're in. I believe the Antichrist and Book of Revelation has begun, with the release of the COVOD virus by the Beast in Asia. But, that's just me.

FYI...Check out the Prophecies of the Blind Belgian Prophet....Baba Vanga. Eerily accurate.. and, lines up with other Prophecies...including The Book of Revelation and Nostradamus.

Go Dawgs....Go God! Kick some Evil Commodore Butt.

• Options
    edited October 2023

Amen my Brother !! @BigDawg61 the following is directed at anyone who reads it that stands in Need. I wrote it with a heart filled with Love, Compassion and Concern.

Oh there’s No Doubt at all in this ole squid’s mind that we’re living in the End Times. No doubt. Jesus Christ could come at Any moment to whisk away His Church ( Believers) !! ALL the prophecies pertaining to That particular moment in time Have been fulfilled. God the Father Creator God could at Any moment turn to His Only True Son ( Believers are adopted by their Faith in the Gospel Of Jesus Christ) and say “ Son go get your children” !!

I might get banned off this site but I say this with NO Judgement of others but a heart filled with Love and Compassion to Anyone who has spiritual ears to hear, if you’ve never done so, PLEASE turn to Christ Jesus, NOW while there’s yet time !!!!

It has Nothing, zero, nada, zilch with how “ Good” of a person you’ve been. There’s No good work or works plural that you could Ever do that will “Earn” you a place in Heaven. But conversely there’s Nothing, nada, zero, zilch, Bad that you’ve Ever done that Christ Jesus can’t and/or won’t forgive you of !!

PEOPLE even Church People might not be willing to Forgive you but Christ Jesus Can and Will !! No matter how bad !! Hey HE forgave Me, and I was and in many ways Still am a vile and wicked person !!

Salvation through Christ Jesus is So very, very, very complex, but at the Same Time So very, very, very simple !! It ALL hinges on Two things really. Who HE is and what HE done on our behalf. And Your FAITH in Who HE is and what HE done.

SO if there’s anyone here who wants to join us with Him in Heaven here’s how: Go to God in prayer in Your Own words. There is No certain prayer. You see All Seeing God already sees and knows your heart ( spirit) HE Knows whether your being sincere or merely trying to get some Fire Insurance !!

So with deep respect and reverence to Who your praying to: 1) Confess your a sinner. We ALL are. There’s only been One person to Ever walk this earth that was Totally sinless and that was/is Jesus Christ 2) Confess that you Believe Jesus Christ is the Only True Son of the Living Creator God 3) Confess that you Believe and Accept that Jesus Christ suffered, poured out His life blood and Died on the Cross for YOUR sin. 4) Confess that you Believe that Jesus Christ arose from the tomb on the third day ALIVE. Just as HE had told his disciples HE would. 5) Invite ( Ask) Him to come into your heart ( spirit) an be your Savior and Lord for eternity. You Must pray Believing !!

Stepping out on FAITH and Trusting in that which you cannot see with your normal eyes, nor hear with your normal ears,, nor touch, nor taste, nor smell. With a child like faith, Believe !!

Jesus Christ did HIS part by being brutally tortured then Crucified on a Cross for Yours and Mine and ALL who will Believe sakes. When HE Himself was totally sinless !! OUR part is to forsake what the World calls Logic and Turn to Him in Faith and Trust.

You cannot toy with God !! He Knows if your really sincere !! If you pray that simple prayer in Your Own Words, and you step out on Faith, Believing with All your heart, All your being that these things are True. My Friend you are SAVED !!

Not only are you Saved from a devil’s hell, you are now an adopted child of the Living God !! And it gets even better !! No matter What your circumstances are you will Never, Ever be alone again !! Because Jesus Christ is the best friend you have Ever made or Could make !!

So will you “ feel” different ?? Maybe or maybe not. It’s not about “feelings” it’s about Faith. Will there be thunder and lightning ?? Possibly if the weathers calling for storms that day. How about an angelic choir coming down ?? They could but probably won’t. So am I now a perfect person, Holy in all my ways ?? No far from it !! In fact you will strive against sin until the day you die Or the time the Lord Jesus comes to get His people.

So I can sin all I want to now and be trouble free ?? NO !!!! There are severe consequences for sin for Christians to !! And Why would you want to deliberately Want to sin against the One Who DIED for you and took Your sins ? Of course you don’t want to do that. But NOW you have Christ Jesus to help you fight sin.

Will you sin ?? Yes you will because you still live in a Fleshly body and in a World of sin. But confess your sins the moment your aware and ask forgiveness. You see unlike People, the Lord Jesus ability to forgive Never runs out !!

What do I do now ?? As soon as possible get a Holy Bible. I recommend the King James Version. You might say but I don’t understand all that Old English Language !! Well Never read the Holy Bible without Praying first !! Ask God to Reveal to your spirit what HE wants you to know. Pray sincerely from the heart. I don’t know how to explain it to you but If you pray sincerely from the heart Asking Him to help you learn. He will !! You’ll know !! Trust me you’ll know !!

My friend you’ve started THE most glorious journey Ever !! I recommend starting in the Gospel Of St. John where it starts off saying: In the beginning was the Word.

Then Pray and ask God to help you find a Congregation of fellow Believers ( Church). You might have to check out several, several before something in your spirit ( that something is God) tells you This is the right place. You should look for a Church where; The Holy Bible is the central authority, where the things that are done and said there are of Jesus Christ and HE is the foremost subject and HE is at the center of the activities there. And HE is glorified and worshipped and adored. And the Holy Spirit is Very present.

You will learn more and more about the Holy Spirit. There is Only ONE True God, but He presents Himself in three unique personas called the Holy Trinity, which is God the Father, God the Son ( the Lord Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit. I’ve been a Christian since 1992 but I confess I don’t Fully understand the Holy Trinity. I just Accept it and Believe. Here’s my very poor way of trying to explain it: I’m a husband to my wife, I’m a father to my children, I’m a son of my parents ( both deceased) but Still in all three I’m still ME .

In closing as I said it’s a New and Wonderful journey. Your Still human. You Will make mistakes. You might even sin deliberately to please the flesh and/or your mind or Both or be trying to fit in with a group of people that don’t have the same relationship to God as you Now have. But just Confess and Turn away ( Repent) of your sins Daily, the Lord is Faithful and Steadfast in His Love to forgive you Every time as long as Your sincere !! And Fight sin in your life !! Trust Him !!

In All honesty NO ONE has Ever loved you like He does !! They don’t have the supernatural capacity to love you the way He does !! I sure Hope and Pray that someone will read this and make a decision to Receive Christ Jesus as their Savior and Lord today. It will be The Best decision you have Ever made in your Eternal Life !! God Bless You !!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Even if I agree, what you posted has zilch to do with Brock Bowers. Find another forum, for that.

• Options

I appreciate and respect your position. And I mean you no disrespect or sarcasm. But you and I don’t Know that it has zilch to do with Brock Bowers. He Might be a Christian for all you and I know. It’s just my personal opinion but I have a feeling he is.

But No I can’t prove that. But Neither can anyone here that’s not his family or real close friends prove he’s not.

That said the Holy Bible says quoting Jesus: If your ashamed of me before men, I will be ashamed of YOU before the Father. Also Christians have not merely a request from God but a Commandment to share the Gospel at Any and Every opportunity. At the grocery store, at the car wash, at a Dawgs football game, etc. etc. So that’s what I did.

If I’m banned from this site or come under attack it won’t shock me at all, because the Lord warned us as Christians that we Will come under attack as Christians. What I posted is By Far more important than football. I used my freedom of speech.

I’ve Never seen anything posted by DN staff prohibiting me from making the comments I made. If the staff of DN tell me it’s prohibited I’ll abide by that. But I’ll NEVER be ashamed of the Lord and/or His Gospel.

I Need Him. You Need Him. Whether people want to acknowledge Him or not They Need Him. This world Needs Him. So that’s my position. Again nothing against you at all. But I said what my heart ( and my Lord) lead me to say. I have No regrets at all.

God Bless You. Hope You, Family, and Friends have a Great weekend !! And I hope our Dawgs post a huge W today !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2023

Brock Bowers is like Captain America in the Marvel movies. Too good to be true, right?

Kirby rarely promotes any of his players that I am aware other than kind words which in itself is his version of a loud megaphone.

Without an official promotion of Brock his chances of getting an invite to New York is probably difficult at best. Hopefully, some more outsiders like Tebow will do some work to make it happen. The biggest thing though is just keep finding ways to give him the ball.

As far as Tebow is concerned it is hard not to like the guy and I eventually decided to heck with it I think he is a pretty good dude. Too bad he is a Gator.

Hopefully Bowers can get his multiple small injuries healed up and be even better the second half of the season and into the championship game against Alabama where we will need him.

• Options
    Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2023

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with an undefeated record for UGA, so please stop posting that as if it is relevant.

When you include that as a prerequisite, you are saying that as soon as the Dawgs take an L, Superman #19 is out of the race.

That is NOT true nor backed up by an historical evidence now or 10 years ago or even back when Tebow won the Heisman, the name-dropped person you included with quotes in the article and headline.

Case in point: 2007, the year Tebow won, the gators finished 9-4, 3rd place in the SEC East and 5th place in the SEC overall with a 5-3 SEC conf record including getting the doors blown off of them by our Dawgs.

So obviously team record does NOT have to be undefeated, or even be just one loss. There is a laundry list of Heisman winners and runners-up that have had 2 or more team losses during the season they win the award.

Be better @MikeGriffith.

Team record does not come into play.

It is a popularity contest and good ‘ole boys club, so if writers and coaches and boosters and tv networks don’t lobby for a particular player, they do not stand a chance.

Brock Bowers is clearly the best “football” player in the college ranks right now, and IMO has been for more than just this current season.

Bobo and Smart have got to make a concerted effort(like they clearly have the last 3 weeks) of making him 50% of the game plan every series for the remaining games left in the season.

GO DAWGS!

Go #19!!!

• Options

Agree on Tebow, if he Had played for UGA and did for the Dawgs what he did for the mud lizards would Dawgs fans be so critical of him ?? In my humble opinion I seriously doubt it. More over he’d Probably by the majority be seen as a DGD.

Now here he is plugging pretty hard for a Dawg to win the Heisman !! I’m pretty confident that he’s catching Allot of heat from mud lizards fans !! Just imagine for a moment the heavy flack a Dawg would get Right Here on this site for plugging for a gator for the Heisman !!!

Tebow like ME and like ALL people is Not a perfect person, No One here is. But all in all I think he’s a pretty good human being. He’s given quite a bit of his personal $$$ to help people less fortunate than him. Again just my humble opinion.

His parents were missionaries so he’s lived allot of places, but their primary home as I understand it was Jacksonville, Fl. Our own Carson Beck comes from Jax !!

These things said here in a couple of weeks I hope our Dawgs utterly devastate his ( Tebow’s) gators !! It’s a game played to be Won !! And as we’re Dawgs fans, well we’re hoping for a 3Peat !! Go Dawgs !!

On Brock Bowers though I certainly can’t speak For him, I have a strong feeling he’s not all that concerned about winning the Heisman. But and IF that award is based on Importance to a team, Brock Bowers among Numerous other accolades that go along with that should win it hands down !! Go Brock Bowers !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options

@Gibroni88 Copied & Pasted in order to quote you:

Brock Bowers is clearly the best “football” player in the college ranks right now, and IMO has been for more than just this current season.

Bobo and Smart have got to make a concerted effort(like they clearly have the last 3 weeks) of making him 50% of the game plan every series for the remaining games left in the season.

Absolutely Agree !! It’s Very rare that teams “ stop” Bowers even when double and triple covered !! He’s a real man playing against boys ( Dawgs rivals) !!

They Want to stop him but the vast majority of the time Can’t stop him !! He could I honestly believe play in the NFL right now, AND make a big impact at that !!! He’d have to learn the teams playbook and get it down but once that was done all they’d have to do is cut him loose !!

He’s the Obvious Heisman Winner, BUT as you said and I agree, media in particular ESPN, has Huge control on who actually wins it. But Brock’s awards & rewards are and will be Big and Numerous both monetary and non-monetary. If he doesn’t win it I doubt he’ll shed a single tear !! 😀 Go Dawgs !!