Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's Tom Crean ... a brand new DawgNation Dream??

christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Potentially (potentially) might this be far & away the absolute BEST basketball coach that the Georgia Bulldogs have ever had??? Time will tell. I believe that it is. As for Greg McGarity AND UGA athletics? Football's Kirby Smart & now Basketball's Tom Crean might be viewed years, & years from now as "the Golden age" of the Red & Black. I CAN see ONLY HUGE HUGE UPSIDE in each & every year in the years to come at Georgia from the end of August with football until the beginning of April with basketball certainly, AND in fact YEAR ROUND when you think about it!!! This could signal GEORGIA getting REALLY SERIOUS in all athletics throughout the calendar year... YEAR ROUND!!! The UNIVERSITY of GEORGIA looks like they FINALLY WANT to BECOME the SLEEPING GIANT that they've always been for decades, & decades, & decades!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

@christopherules said:
    Potentially (potentially) might this be far & away the absolute BEST basketball coach that the Georgia Bulldogs have ever had??? Time will tell. I believe that it is. As for Greg McGarity AND UGA athletics? Football's Kirby Smart & now Basketball's Tom Crean might be viewed years, & years from now as "the Golden age" of the Red & Black. I CAN see ONLY HUGE HUGE UPSIDE in each & every year in the years to come at Georgia from the end of August with football until the beginning of April with basketball certainly, AND in fact YEAR ROUND when you think about it!!! This could signal GEORGIA getting REALLY SERIOUS in all athletics throughout the calendar year... YEAR ROUND!!! The UNIVERSITY of GEORGIA looks like they FINALLY WANT to BECOME the SLEEPING GIANT that they've always been for decades, & decades, & decades!!!! GO DAWGS!!!

I hope you're right. Sitting here watching UK and Tenn in NCAA tourney makes me ill.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can Crean get Ashton Hagans back in the fold at Georgia?

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Can Crean get Ashton Hagans back in the fold at Georgia?

I'll bet he has already been on the phone with Ashton.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

@donm He has, per Rivals. Just need to get him back on the bus, especially because, I believe, he reclassified to this year too

• Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@christopherules said:

I smell steakums