Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Roquan Smith Medically Flagged?

nycdawgnycdawg Posts: 883 ✭✭✭ Junior

According to Walterfootball, Roquan has been medically red flagged. Any truth to this rumor?

"Tony Pauline has reported that Roquan Smith has been medically red flagged, so he has dropped about 10 spots in this mock draft update. It's unclear how serious the injury is, but we saw Reuben Foster fall for similar reasons last year.

Still, Smith is a great enough prospect that the Cowboys could consider him at this juncture. Their defense falls apart whenever Sean Lee gets hurt, so having Smith on the roster would prevent that from happening. "

Comments

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I doubt he's dropping too far. Packers, Raiders have HIGH interest in him and fill team needs.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It all depends on the nature and severity of his medical issue, if there is a issue.
    Teams won't pass on a player who they covet over something minor or short term.
    If it seems to be chronic and debilitating he'll drop some.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting... I wonder what he was flagged for. Nothing comes to mind reviewing the previous season. Honestly, I can’t ever remember him hurt significantly

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Heard this too, but don't know why

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I find it interesting that Roquan, as far as I know, hasn't addressed this. Right now I'm assuming the worst....whatever that is.

• BengalDawgBengalDawg Posts: 623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@nycdawg said:
    According to Walterfootball, Roquan has been medically red flagged. Any truth to this rumor?

"Tony Pauline has reported that Roquan Smith has been medically red flagged, so he has dropped about 10 spots in this mock draft update. It's unclear how serious the injury is, but we saw Reuben Foster fall for similar reasons last year.

Still, Smith is a great enough prospect that the Cowboys could consider him at this juncture. Their defense falls apart whenever Sean Lee gets hurt, so having Smith on the roster would prevent that from happening. "

>

Reuben Foster was flagged primarily for off field concerns. See his pending domestic violence issues. Also around this time the teams all start circulating false reports in the hopes of causing their guy to drop a few spots. Roquan is unlikely to make it out of the top 10 and highly unlikely to make it out of the top 15

1 - Browns - QB is a must
    2 - Giants - could be anything but likely a QB due to no trade with the Jets
    3 - Jets - moved up to get their QB
    4 - Browns - desperate need of a DB
    5 - Broncos - anyone's guess unlikely need for LB
    6 - Colts - need pass rush but have holes at LB
    7 - Bucs - With the loss of Doug Martin I expect Saquon Barkley but Roquan would upgrade their LBs big time
    8 - Bears - LB would be an excellent pick here
    9 - 49ers - if Fosters legal troubles are as bad as they sound LB may be a big need
    10 -Raiders - Roquan would be a great fit
    11 - Dolphins - need a lot of help but drafted Raekwon McMillan last year
    12 - Bills - just lost their MLB in FA but likely moving up for a QB
    13 - Redskins - Would be a great addition to that D
    14 - Packers - huge hole in LB core
    15 - Cardinals - LB not the biggest need

All this to say there is very little hope for a team in the back half of the draft to be picking high enough to land Roquan, and a lot of teams you'd need to convince this long after the combine that he had a never before heard of condition. I expect any reports are from unnamed scouts who believe they might get him to drop a spot or two.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn't he remove himself from the combine after tweaking his hamstring?