Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA basketball recruiting

joe_n_stefjoe_n_stef Posts: 112 ✭✭✭ Junior

So I feel like all I'm hearing about, with regards to BB recruiting, is Hagans . I came across another five star player from Georgia in E. J. Montgomery and I read that UGA is one of the 11 schools he is still considerating. Unlike Hagans, he is in the class of 2018 and should be on his school's campus this summer. Any intel on if we have a legitimate shot at this guy?

Comments

• KyotoPhantasyKyotoPhantasy Posts: 67 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2018

Hagans will probably be on a campus this summer since he is likely reclassifying to 2018. (Edited out bad info on Montgomery)

• joe_n_stefjoe_n_stef Posts: 112 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2018

@KyotoPhantasy said:
    Hagans will probably be on a campus this summer since he is likely reclassifying to 2018. (Edited out bad info on Montgomery)

Hagans will not be reclassifying to 2018.
    https://www.dawgnation.com/football/recruiting/uga-basketball-how-do-the-signees-feel-about-tom-crean
    the last paragraph in this articles states that.

• joe_n_stefjoe_n_stef Posts: 112 ✭✭✭ Junior

New story out on E.J. Montgomery doesn't have much info that I didn't already know. Anyone know anything more?

• andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have wondered what Montgomery feels about Georgia and if Crean will pursue him. Hope to see some of these elite players stay home. Go Dawgs!

• Lefty13Lefty13 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I to would love to see these Georgia boys ( young men ) stay home, however I do hope that we keep up the system that Mark Fox had in place as far as running a clean program. I would hate to see the Dawgs name dragged down and be used in comparison to auburn or louisville or any of the other dirty programs. Keep it clean and keep them home.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@joe_n_stef said:
    New story out on E.J. Montgomery doesn't have much info that I didn't already know. Anyone know anything more?

I watched an interview with him, and they did mention the Dawgs, but he didn't really elaborate much on UGA. I'm thinking this is a long shot, but glad to see Crean swinging for the fences.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Disclaimer I'm not much of a BB fan, but am a UGA fan. So, Crean is offensive minded, right (rhetorical) I read recently that the 3 point shot has the highest yield (something) of success in today's game. And Villanova showed that shooting the 3 pointer is a key to the championship. Ergo, UGA BB needs as many 3 shooters as possible, plus one guy to inbound the ball, right? (rhetorical) >> What are the prospects that 1. UGA has some unknown 3 shooter talent on the team, and b. Crean can recruit 3 shooters this year?

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think they have a couple of 3 point capable guys on the roster and can, perhaps, develop a couple of those who are not quite so good. Shooting can be improved upon with work. It's a little late in this recruiting cycle but I am pretty sure he will look for and be successful in finding some kids who can shoot in the next cycle. He also needs to find a player who can consistently penetrate into the lane to dish back out to the perimeter. Not sure if there's such a player on his current roster.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jonas out and just like that, the two 5 stars we had a shot at (Hagans and Montgomery) both head to UK for a 1-2 year stop.

Hope Crean gets to work on 2020 instead. I believe he will find a sleeper or two, a 3-4 year guy type. But but he must get one of the top guys in State each year to really turn this around.

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Both are going to UK. UGA will be fine under Crean.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Jonas out and just like that, the two 5 stars we had a shot at (Hagans and Montgomery) both head to UK for a 1-2 year stop.

Hope Crean gets ..... .... one of the top guys in State each year to really turn this around.

(As if I know what I'm talking about...) Mantra: "Can they shoot the 3, ommmmmm!"