Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: 5-star Georgia football commit Dylan Raiola formally flips to play for Nebraska

124»

Comments

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If we ever make any sense of this NIL stuff, the first thing that has to go is the establishment of any deals for high schoolers before they ever produce on the football field of a college campus. In regard to poor Dylan: I implore you, Dylan, to consider your options. There is still time to make the right decision before early signing. Have you considered perhaps USC which is losing a "5 star" QB to the portal or even better Vanderbilt which would really fit your pithy (or is that "pissy"?) poem?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

As I saw someone post a week or so ago. Raiola's uncle was given a substantial pay raise also. My thoughts were the same as the person who posted that comment. Nebraska AD to Dylan's uncle behind closed doors.." We'll give you this pay increase on 1 condition, you provide your nephew as collateral". Funny how fast things change with Raiola, but that seems to be the norm with this indecisive kid. He can't make a decision, and honor his word, so no big loss to me. He'd be at UGA 2 years tops before he hit the portal. He would've been QB 3 or 4 anyway. Behind Beck, Stockton, and a very good possibility, Puglisi also. I'll take any of those 3 ahead of Raiola any day. I think he made the move to Buford, just for the attention, and publicity, of playing for a national power in high school football. Grayson humbled him big time, I bet he still has nightmares of that game. He never really impressed me, he gets what I call "happy feet" in the pocket, bouncing around like he has springs in his cleats, and ends up more than not, throwing off his front foot. That leads to him throwing dead duck floaters, or just off target in general. I've said enough lol..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 228 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

My last post on this article lol..the article states Dominic Raiola as his uncle, and offensive line coach. Actually, Dominic (who was a Center at Nebraska) is Dylan's Dad, not his uncle. And quite the contradiction that his Nebraska commitment picture has the caption " the good life" , yet shows skulls and crossbones in the same photo.. Good vs Bad 🤣

• Options
    BigDawg888BigDawg888 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure who is the bigger tool? Raiola or his parents?

Clown World...good riddance

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ALL. OF. THIS. This gets to the whole point (or points) I've been trying to make since the possibility of his flip was announced. I'm really not mad at Raiola. He has the RIGHT to go to school wherever he (or his parents) want. (But this is where I miss true news reporters on stories). What I wish @JeffSentell or ANY OTHER JOURNALIST would tell us is what really happened here? As Sentell wrote in another piece, Raiola was a "stone-cold lock" to UGA just two weeks ago. He started the Twitter (or X) group for the Dawgs' 2024 class. He was pushing other people to flip THEIR commitments to UGA. With all of that Nebraska spirit supposedly in his blood, he was attending UGA home games nearly every weekend. His family MOVED to Georgia for this. Think about that, folks. I know they have money and what not, but they were so all-in on Georgia that the ENTIRE FAMILY moved for this kid. That is not normal.

So somebody, anybody, just give us THE TRUTH about what changed. Is it just the simple fact that Beck decided to return? If so, wasn't that ALWAYS a possibility, maybe even likely, given that we didn't know at the beginning of the season just how good (or bad) Beck would be? But if that was it, just say so. Just say "I thought Beck was leaving but now that he's coming back, I decided to go elsewhere." But Raiola will never admit that. And Kirby Smart can't say it even if he wants to. And that's why we need a good, enterprising investigative reporter to give us the 411 on what really happened; tell us how a rock-solid relationship deteriorated to no relationship at all in a just a matter of days.

P. S. I really could have done without the poem, Dylan. It's not good and was soooooo unnecessary.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm not going to contribute to belittling the kid, what I would have liked to have seen happen would be for CKS to pull his offer once he knew his commitment was wavering. UGA will be just fine without this guy....

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love how they show that picture with the word "COMMITTED" big and bold across the top. That kid hasn't been committed to anything for years. He is a gypsy and carpetbagger, traveling from town to town, trying to sell his wares. I was actually amazed when reading his backstory that he hadn't been with Nebraska all along.

Good riddance to him. He apparently has the skills, he just lacks the understanding that he is part of a team, or should be. I hope he realizes the magnitude of his bad decision and is in the portal in a year. No, I don't wish him success.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DallasDawg

Ah, yes, the truth! What a novell thing. YEs, he would have much more credibility with at least us UGA fans if he had just said, I thought CB would go pro and I would at least have a chance at beating out GS, and RP and starting in year one. OK I get it. But what he said about Nebraska in his blood! LOL! What a crock.