Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Opinion: Georgia ‘opt-in’ culture in stark contrast with fragmented Florida State

13»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let the universities tell the kids, "hey, we've got your back!" We'll reimburse you in the slimmest of chances you get injured in a bowl game costing you millions in the draft. "We got your back, and your other body parts!"

I tend to think in that case that the university would simply say,"You know on second thought, I think we'll be OK without you!" "Good luck in the draft!" Thanks for your services!

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2023

I believe the universities or either NIL can provide insurance policies that can cover for injuries

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

It won't cost him much. He was never gonna be drafted very high....and I don't think he would have made much of an NFL impact anyway. Now, he can focus on improving his mind. IMO

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61

The Texas - BAMA game was very similar to us and BAMA when I went and looked at the stats and the play by play. The basic difference was that Texas hit on 3-4 "explosive" pass plays that we didn't. Texas coudn't run on them. BAMA had 1 or 2 turnovers I believe. Sort of like us against them. A close game determined by a handful of plays.

• Options

Yeah...I wasn't impressed.

when UGA played Bama....The Dawgs hit on a couple of explosives, when [injured] McConkey, or [injured] Bowers was in the game with [injured] Mims. But, they were only about 80%.

Those boys weren't able to block on the edge, or downfield like they had all season.

And, the CFPC couldn't see all that?! Lol...c'mon...BS.

Most of the CFPC members had no business sitting on that Committee. Most of em were nothing more than glorified Fans and with biases. And, it showed in the results of the Final 4.

History will expose this year's corruption and bias. Investigations are underway, that may "tank" the 12-team CFP....and, turn FBS into a real 32 team [minimum] playoff. That's the only "good thing" I can see coming out of this year.

Committee's and Computers DO NOT WORK!

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Brooksie correct on the insurance - pretty sure schools have been able to help them purchase that for a while - I would expect that to become standard

• Options

@MikeGriffith

I rest my case.

UGA is #1!.....no matter what kind of chorus line the flapping-gums try to run on you....to convince you to believe "they got it right".

Bama's gonna butt-swat all of em and win the Natty. Or, a share of it, anyway. Lol